9 months ago
Assoc, Delivery Assrnc
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Job ID 53845BR Date posted 09/26/City Burnsville
Production planner is responsible for planning and managing production schedules to meet customer delivery requirements and best utilize the company’s productive capacity, resources, as well as managing inventory levels.
* Acts on order releases action and exception messages from the company system
* Ensure alignment of supply and demand while meeting financial plan
* Plans and manages production schedules to meet customer delivery requirements
* Analyzes sales order releases with respect to capacity planning and material requirements
* Manages inventory levels, schedules and availability of selected item, either manufactured or purchased, to meet production schedules.
* Orders floor stock and shelf life material for production
* Reviews work in process from production floor to provide updated shipping schedules
* Interfaces with manufacturing personnel, the purchasing department, customer service, and supervisors on material status and production planning issues.
* Problem solving
* Analytical skills
* Technical capacity
* Communication proficiency
* Decision making
* Collaboration skills
* APICS certification preferred
* SAP or other ERP experience
* Strong Excel skills
* Experience in high-mix production environment
Education: BA/BS degree w/ 0-2 years experience
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.