8 months ago
The Assistant Site Supervisor is responsible for the oversight of personnel to ensure maintenance scheduling, planning, servicing, repairing, and or overhaul of aircraft and aircraft engines to ensure aircraft are maintained in good mechanical condition and are safe for flight. Additional requirements include, but are not limited to:
- Support and assist the Site Supervisor in his duties and responsibilities to ensure the smooth and efficient execution of daily operations.
- Assist in the coordination and direct the daily personnel and administrative actions necessary to ensure the safe and expeditious maintenance and repair of NASA Science, Research and Support aircraft.
- Coordinates, deconflicts, and schedules personnel, maintenance activities and inspections to ensure science and FAA maintenance requirements are met.
- Recommends procedure changes to improve personnel efficiencies, maintainability of aircraft and completion of timely inspections.
- Ensure personnel comply with inspections and certifications at specified intervals as required by L-3, NASA and the FAA.
- Manage overall administrative operations in support of maintenance and material requirements to ensure mission accomplishment.
- Ensure and maintain communication with Program and Customer leadership for material and procurement functions to ensure an integrated logistics system which allows a smooth flow of required parts and equipment to support site operations.
- Responsible for the employee’s welfare and worker-related administrative matters.
- Responsible for all maintenance-related matters, including resolution of project and technical issues, attending regular meetings, and ensure the accurate and timely submission of all maintenance project-related documents
- Coordinate administrative, logistics and maintenance functions, as well as liaise with customers' project personnel to prepare, execute and fulfill project deliverables and schedules
- Supervise, manage, delegate and assign tasks to employees as appropriate and to ensure compliance with stipulated procedures, methods of statement and safety requirements
- Coordinate with program and customer safety personnel to regularly inspect work areas for potential hazards and rectify, so as to maintain a safe working environment
- Enforce administrative policies, procedures, safety rules and government regulations to include labor laws, affirmative action and OSHA standards.
- Responsible for tools/PPE issued
- Undertake additional tasks and responsibilities as and when required or instructed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree plus a minimum of two (2) years of Aircraft Maintenance Management experience OR Associate’s Degree plus a minimum of six (6) years of Aircraft Maintenance Management OR High School diploma or Equivalent plus a minimum of ten (10) years of Aircraft Maintenance Management experience.
- Personnel management experience - required
- Project and maintenance management experience - required
- Experience with heavy aircraft - required
- FAA airframe and powerplant (A&P) license - desired but not required.
- Tasks are performed in a hangar and office environment where employee may be exposed to moderate discomforts, such as heat, cold, wind and high noise levels.
- Position requires normal physical functions.
- Employee may be required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE), where applicable.
- Individual must be able to lift/move objects weighing 50 lbs or less that are positioned between the shoulder and the ankle and objects weighing 25 lbs. or less that are positioned above the shoulder.
L-3 Vertex Aerospace is headquartered in Madison, Mississippi with operating locations world-wide. We provide Rotary wing and fixed wing maintenance and logistics services, Expeditionary maintenance -- Quick response staffing support. We are a leading provider of Army Rotary Wing maintenance services, base support services for maintenance, transportation, and supply.
We distinguish ourselves by responsiveness and ability to surge manning, exceed customer performance metrics, through solid, dependable contract performance.
Our markets and customers are all military services, Other Government Agencies (OGA) and select foreign governments.
Physical Requirements: Primarily office environment. Must have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication parts at distances close to the eyes. At times, must be able to work in aircraft hangar environment and board / exit aircraft. At times, must be able to climb, bend, kneel, crouch, balance, and stoop. Must be able to walk particularly for long distances or moving from one work site to another. Must be able to work primarily with fingers such as typing. Must be able to work at heights, subject to noise, subject to a variety of physical conditions such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, work on scaffolding, exposure to heat/cold. Must be able to communicate effectively.
L3 is an Equal Opportunity Employer – minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities / sexual orientation / gender identity.
US Security Clearance Required: Secret
: Day - 1st
: Yes, 10 % of the Time
: Division - Vertex-20000074
: Team Leader / Supervisor
: Dec 4, 2017, 5:18:29 PM