6 months ago
Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Job Requirements / Qualifications:
* High School diploma or GED
* An acceptable level of math skills
* An acceptable level of mechanical aptitude
* Requires lifting upto 40lbs for 8hrs and material handling
* Annual Eye Exam required
* Ability to stand upto 8hrs per day
* Ability to perform repetitive motions 95% of work day
* Willing to learn and perform all jobs within the department (OFW model)
* Computer skills preferred
* Inspection/ gauging skills preferred
* Blueprint reading skills
* Strong planning, organizing and interpersonal skills
* Ability to work with minimum supervision
Job Tasks / Responsibilities:
* Set up of gauges and other miscellaneous gauging equipment to masters provided for specific jobs
* Performs gauging operations such as external and internal size, taper, stand, roller clearance, lateral play, and concentricity
* Establishes bearing specifications using measuring and marking forms assembled bearing card, cone assembly card, and standard mathematical calculations
* Hand assembles cones and visually inspects cup & cone assemblies for defects
* Segregates and identifies rejected material for final disposition by using the appropriate quality tags and specify corrective grinding or other necessary repair operations
* Sets up and runs 16 ton run in press to process bearing assemblies as required
* Segregates and dispositions assemblies with proper identification to prevent mixing parts (cups & cones)
* Performs daily PM’s as required
* Handles and transports materials in and around department using pallet jacks, hoists, or manually by hand
* Fill outs reports, forms, and required paperwork as required during rework process
* Inspects material visually for surface defects and dimensionally for compliance to tolerances using gauging equipment and/or other measuring devices
* Sets up and operates rotary grinder to stand specifications as required
* Changes grinding wheels and makes adjustment to grinder as needed during grinding of parts
* Performs sampling inspection and records data per process control plans
* Complete all end of line documentation and assure traceability requirements are met.
* Prepares packing/packaging materials as necessary. Packs bearing components or assemblies in proper container for shipment.
* Checks content of boxes and compares with packing ticket for correct count, part numbers and other special packaging requirements
* Perform material handling functions including moving finished product and components within the department. Manual lifting of pans to bin is also required.
* Performs a number of related assignments such as removing rust from parts, etching numbers , letters and symbols on parts as required
* Maintain knowledge of current quality and safety system(s) and other regulatory compliance related to this position
* Maintains housekeeping of work area and performs daily houspekeeping duties
* Refer to Ergonomic Job Descriptions for the physical job requirements
This position is responsible to the Department Supervisor.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.