about 1 year ago
Keyword: Assembler Mirabel Centre
Request Number: OPS
Number of positions to fill: 8
Location: Mirabel (Quebec)
Organisational Unit: 4585-A&T Mac Hourly
Sector: Engine Centre
Level required: Stagiaire
Posting Start Date: 2018-03-01
Organization Profile: Pratt & Whitney is a world leader in the design, manufacture and service of aircraft engines powering commercial, regional, and general aviation aircraft and helicopters. With more than 60,000 engines in service in over 200 countries and territories, we are proud to be responsible for powering an aircraft that takes off or lands somewhere in the world every second of every day.
We are known for our culture of innovation and investment in R&D, our commitment to employee career advancement, and for giving our experts an excellent work-life balance. We offer a highly competitive salary, benefits package and rotating work hours in accordance with the terms of the collective agreement in force.
Power your life. Go Beyond with a career at Pratt and Whitney.
General responsibilities of the position: Pratt & Whitney Canada is powered by people like you.
As an assembler at Pratt & Whitney Canada, you will play an essential role in preparing engines for shipment to customers in nearly 200 countries around the world. Working with cutting-edge tools and technology in our advanced manufacturing facilities, you will ensure that all engine parts meet our high standards of quality and reliability. You will work as part of a close-knit team while enjoying a high degree of autonomy.
Are you up for the challenge?
As one of the last stops before engines are delivered, the assembler will be a stickler for detail with a rigorous, analytical mindset. You demand perfection of yourself and inspire it in others. You derive deep satisfaction from applying the final touches to an important project—especially when it challenges you to demonstrate skill, dexterity and precision. You enjoy being an integral part of a highly driven, talented team who combine their efforts and expertise to achieve world-class performance.
Specific responsibilities of position: You will be responsible for carrying out fundamental tasks required for assembling, installing, testing, disassembling, auditing, and visually and dimensionally inspecting a wide range of parts and engines. As part of a diverse team that also includes test cell and inspection experts, you will also handle various general duties and tasks relating to your core activities.
More specifically, to accomplish this essential work, you will be relied on to:
• Ensure product integrity, details, configuration and operational costs by following established procedures
• Keep your equipment and workstation clean and in excellent working condition
• Observe and review the results of assembly and test work performed by others in order to ensure compliance standards
In addition, you will deploy your superior problem-solving skills and actively contribute to the Mirabel Aerospace Centre’s culture of excellence by:
• Validating the effectiveness of tools, equipment and methodology
• Participating in and leading continuous improvement projects
• Taking part in engine-related technical training
Qualifications required: Degree:
• Vocational diploma (DEP) in mechanical assembly
• College diploma (AEC/DEC) in aircraft maintenance
• College diploma (DEC) in aerospace engineering
• Mechanical aircraft engine technician diploma (military diploma)
• Knowledge of aircraft engine assembly methods and procedures, including fits and tolerances
• Ability to use precision measuring instruments and gauges, hand tools and other specialized assembly equipment
• Ability to work from complex assembly drawings and specifications and test instructions which require the use of shop mathematics
• Fluency in French (written and verbal)
• Knowledge of English an asset
Although each application is taken into consideration, only selected candidates will be contacted. Before being invited for interview, candidates must first pass a theoretical and practical test.
Field of studies: Aeronautics
Additional Information: Competitive vacation, benefits and salary, rotating working hours; all in accordance with the terms of the collective agreement in force
P&WC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any legally-protected factors.