11 months ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
The high-quality products we design, produce and service in our Interiors, Actuation and Propeller Systems (IAPS) business allow both passengers and crew members to have a more comfortable experience and greater peace of mind during flight. From lighting and actuation systems to propellers, evacuation systems and seating - what we design and manufacture works together behind the scenes to enhance the overall flight experience. We delight our customers with superior products and best-in-class customer service, yet passengers don't even know we're there - and that's how we like it!
This is an experienced Assembler position that assembles aircraft products under direct supervision and performs routine and repetitive assembly operations and processes.
* Will be assigned a mentor to monitor any “hands-on” functions that require more than general knowledge. The assigned mentor shall maintain status with the group leader on the Level I employee.
* Can perform basic functions with minimal oversight. Willingness to take instruction from mentor and or trainers.
* Can train others in basic functions (i.e. non- hazardous or simple tasks).
* Has taken the initial CI overview training.
* Understands document revisions and standards governing documenting procedures.Stamps operations, reads MP prior to starting work and any other documented instructions without oversight. Complete documentation of work (i.e. marriage log, data sheet, etc.) with oversight. Knows how to locate and understand the Net Explosive Weight of the parts being built.
* Basic computer tasks with knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word
* It is the expectation that all employees will be safety conscious at all times. It is the responsibility of each and every employee to deal with unsafe acts, situation, and equipment etc. no matter the title of the personnel involved the area in which it occurs.
* Under direct supervision, assembles components by examining connections for correct fit, fastening parts, and sub-assemblies, per customer order.Is able to perform routine and standard tasks with minimal assistance.
* Assembles components by examining connections for correct fit, fastening parts, and sub-assemblies, per customer order.
* Reads and assembles per Manufacturing Procedure, with some guidance
* May pack finished product into the designated carton
* Participates in team stretches twice daily and uses safe ergonomic practices in performing the job
* Maintains clean and safe working environment in line with company policies
* Adheres to all UTC rules and codes of conduct and quality standards.
* Performs other duties as required and available for overtime.
* Manufacturing environment
* High pressure with many deadlines
* Frequent overtime on short noticeWilling to perform hand and body warm-up exercises to minimize the potential for repetitive motion injuries
* 2+ years in the manufacturing/assembly industry
* Read and understands English.
* Operate hand tools, electrical tools, hand cutters, measuring equipment and light equipment.
* Ability to read manufacturing procedures with some supervision
* Basic mechanical knowledge.
* Willing to perform any task necessary to ensure the on-time delivery of the product to the customer.
* Willing to cross-train and work in all areas of the assembly operation.
* Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
* Willing to perform hand and body warm-up exercises to minimize the potential for repetitive motion injuries
* Basic computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word
* Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen
* High School Diploma or Equivalent
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.