7 months ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
The high-quality products we design, produce and service in our Interiors, Actuation and Propeller Systems (IAPS) business allow both passengers and crew members to have a more comfortable experience and greater peace of mind during flight. From lighting and actuation systems to propellers, evacuation systems and seating - what we design and manufacture works together behind the scenes to enhance the overall flight experience. We delight our customers with superior products and best-in-class customer service, yet passengers don't even know we're there - and that's how we like it!
The Peshtigo, WI is looking for a self-motivated team player to join our team as an entry-level assembler. The assembler is a vital part of our team. This person helps put together the inner components of our VIP seating aircraft seats to create high-quality products that meet and exceed safety requirements and customer expectations:
In this role the assembler will:
* Produce sub-assemblies.
* Perform routine and standard tasks with minimal assistance
* Read and assemble assemblies per standard work or blueprint instructions, with some guidance
* Collaborate with the materials department to obtain the correct part of each assembly unit.
* Participate in team stand-ups
* Abide by all federal, state, local and company policies and procedures.
* Assist in fostering an innovative environment through collaboration and idea sharing that promote continuous improvement.
* Focus on compliance with requirements and satisfying customers by achieving “zero defect” quality.
* Performs all other duties as assigned.
* 0-6 Months of manufacturing experience
* 0-6 months of previous assembly experience
* Ability to read and understand English
* Must be a US Person
* Ability to read blueprints with some supervision
* Ability to perform basic computer operations
* Ability to install fasteners, rivets, and hardware
* Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
* Must be able to work in a standing position for a minimum of 8 hours per day.
* Prefer someone who is willing to learn other areas and develop their skills
* Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
* High school diploma, GED or equivalent
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.