17 days ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
Get onboard the UTC Aerospace Operations and Supply Chain team and play a part in managing our innovative products from inception to delivery. Operations and Supply Chain employees have the opportunity to network across our businesses and functions, all while improving the productivity, quality, and efficiency of our operations worldwide.
The high-quality products we design, produce and service in our Interiors, Actuation and Propeller Systems (IAPS) business allow both passengers and crew members to have a more comfortable experience and greater peace of mind during flight. From lighting and actuation systems to propellers, evacuation systems and seating - what we design and manufacture works together behind the scenes to enhance the overall flight experience. We delight our customers with superior products and best-in-class customer service, yet passengers don't even know we're there - and that's how we like it!
This is an entry-level position that assembles aircraft products under direct supervision and performs routine and repetitive assembly operations and processes.
* Under direct supervision, assembles components by examining connections for correct fit, fastening parts, and sub-assemblies, per customer order
* Performs routine and standard tasks with minimal assistance
* Reads and assembles per standard work or blueprint instructions, with some guidance
* May track and receive the required parts for the product area. May check stock bins for adequate supplies of sub-assemblies, parts, and fasteners for the particular work order. Contacts material handler or lead if shortages exist or incorrect parts are in bins
* Participates in all team stand-ups and uses safe ergonomic practices in performing the job
* May pack finished product into the designated carton
* Participates in EHS risk reduction activities
* Adheres to all UTAS rules and codes of conduct
* Looks for ways to eliminate safety hazards and improve the overall safety of the workplace
* Provides continuous improvement ideas in order to support lean and ACE initiatives
* May perform other job duties as required and available for overtime as necessary
* Operate hand tools, electrical tools, hand cutters, measuring equipment and light equipment
* Ability to read blueprints with some supervision
* Basic mechanical knowledge
* Basic Computer Skills
* Basic Shop Math Skills
* Willing to perform any task necessary to ensure the on-time delivery of the product to the customer
* Relevant assembly experience; proven mechanical capability preferred
* Experience in installing aircraft fasteners, solid rivets, double action bolts, NAS, MS & AN hardware desired
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
* High School Diploma or equivalent
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.