3 months ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
As part of the Sensors & Integrated Systems (SIS) team, you'll help develop the next generation of more intelligent, more integrated and more reliable solutions that enhance aircraft safety and performance in the most rigorous flight conditions. We have 100 years of experience, a phenomenal product portfolio, state-of-the-art test labs and the resources to make your ideas shine.
* Perform mechanical and/or electrical assembly.
* Perform inspection in accordance with requirements of qualified operator program (QOP).
* Accurately read blueprints.
* Demonstrate proper use of simple hand and machine tools.
* Accurately read and follow procedures, routing, and other work instructions.
* Take ownership of the accuracy of processes and understand the impact of nonconforming work.
* Demonstrate proper use of mechanical measuring devices.
* Perform mechanical rework.
* Demonstrate proper use of electrical measuring devices.
* Perform unique assembly processes.
* Must be able to effectively work in an environment requiring repetitive job responsibilities.
* Ability to focus on safety and quality is extremely important.
* Must be highly motivated and dedicated to exceeding customer expectations.
* Build parts that meet drawing specifications.
* Comply with applicable elements of quality systems (ACE).
* Meet internal and external customer deadlines as determined by the team.
* Work successfully in a team environment.
* Acquire applicable skill/knowledge/certification as required.
* Comply with safety and hazardous waste disposal programs.
* Handle multiple tasks
* Experience working in production
* Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
* Experience using hand tools and mechanical/electrical soldering
* Welding and Solder Brazing experience
* Have an attention to detail
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen
Education: Basic Qualifications
* HS Diploma or GED Equivalent
* Must be comfortable with repetitive tasks
* Ability to read, interpret, and follow documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, and assembly instructions.
* At least 1 year of experience working with computers
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.