3 months ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
As part of the Sensors & Integrated Systems (SIS) team, you'll help develop the next generation of more intelligent, more integrated and more reliable solutions that enhance aircraft safety and performance in the most rigorous flight conditions. We have 100 years of experience, a phenomenal product portfolio, state-of-the-art test labs and the resources to make your ideas shine.
At United Technologies Aerospace Systems based in Vergennes, Vermont, we design and manufacture a variety of systems for the aerospace industry worldwide. Such systems include fuel measurement and management systems, health and usage management systems, motion control systems and actuators, fuel system safety devices, proximity sensing systems, fire protection systems, braking systems, and steering systems.
In this role, the individual will:
* Work on a manufacturing team to assemble, disassemble and rework all hardware within the Tank Unit production line using established production and quality standards.
* Perform various functions to build hardware from the lowest level (i.e., component preparation and kitting) to the highest level (i.e., final assembly and test) of assembly, including testing and limited analytical troubleshooting.
* Have the ability to identify product defects and assist Process Engineer with failure analysis.
* Be able to identify work instruction improvements for better assembly of the product.
* Assist Process Engineer in the development of rework instructions
Qualification: Preferred Qualifications
* Experience in manufacturing assembly
* Experience with the use of hand tools and mechanical/electrical soldering.
* Work independently and in a team environment.
* Strong work ethic
* Frequent Lifting up to 30 lbs.
* Frequent Standing, walking, reaching, handling, gripping, squatting.
* Acute Fine motor skills for intricate assembly
Background check and/or drug screen notification
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
* Background check required (re-hires who have been gone for <1 year)
* Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
Education: Basic Qualifications
* HS Diploma or GED Equivalent
* Ability to read, interpret, and follow documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, and assembly instructions.
* At least 1 year of experience working with computers (log on, data entry and retrieval)
* Must be able to work 2nd Shift (3:30pm to 12am
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.