8 months ago
Every second a plane takes off with UTC Aerospace Systems equipment onboard. From space exploration and defense to today’s more electric, more intelligent, more integrated aircraft – our systems make modern flight possible. And by “make it possible,” we mean: we start it, power it, control it, ventilate it, quiet it, land it, stop it and monitor it. We have more than 41,000 employees across 26 countries working at the forefront of technological innovation. Thanks to their efforts, our global reach and our market-leading position, we do big things no one else can do.
Today, the fully integrated landing systems we design, test and manufacture help millions of passengers reach their destinations safely. But we aren’t satisfied with today’s success. Our global Landing Systems team is committed to continuous improvement – we work hard to make our solutions lighter-weight, stronger and more technically advanced, so that plane travel can be safer, more affordable and more sustainable in the years to come. We are looking for the best and brightest to fly and land with us!
The Landing System division of UTC Aerospace has an opportunity for a Assembler on the 2nd shift. The selected individual will assemble, test basic and mayor Landing Gear components for various types of narrow and wide body aircraft, prior to being delivered to the Customer.
* Assemble and adjust test side and drag strut assemblies.
* Assemble and test shock strut assemblies
* Assemble, fit , dimension and inspect truck beam assemblies and components.
* Document the testing and assembly processes in order to comply with applicable regulations.
This position is considered safety sensitive in accordance with FAA Guidelines. Candidate will be subject to drug and alcohol testing per FAA’s regulation 14 CFR part 120, as well as 49 CFR part 40.
* Minimum 1 year of experience in Landing Gear or 2 years of general aviation experience
* Basic Computer skills.
* Ability to operate hand tools, electrical pneumatic, hydraulic and test equipment
* Must be able to use measuring tools such as: micrometers, calipers, height gage, hydraulic gages, etc
* Ability to read and Interpret blueprints and overhaul manuals for assembly purposes
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.