10 months ago
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Job ID 54290BR Date posted 09/26/City Lake Suzy
- Build large and small components of life rafts using many different types of materials.
- Completes quality assurance paperwork.
- Build parts and verify for accuracy against blueprints.
- Measure components and provide accurate component placement against blueprints.
- Follow quality procedures and documentation accurately.
- Bond materials together using adhesives.
- Maintain high levels of quality.
- Maintain high levels of safety.
- Work and communicate effectively in a diverse team environment.
Qualification: Working Conditions – Physical requirements and environment
- 100% of time spent on production floor with loud noise, requiring safety glasses.
- Constant daily exposure to adhesive and solvent vapors.
- Constant daily pushing and pulling of material.
- Minimal exposure to machinery with moving parts.
- Ability to use and manipulate clamps, brushes (with gloves on), pushers, scissors, seam tape and talc.
- May need to carry materials weighing between 25-40 pounds.
-High School diploma or GED equivalent to knowledge, skills and abilities acquired with 12 years of general education
- Ability to measure straight lines using a ruler or measuring tape
- Ability to concentrate and focus on work being performed.
- Able to clearly communicate and work well in the team environment.
- Encourages a clean work area to encourage a safer environment.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.