about 1 year ago
B/E Aerospace, a wholly owned subsidiary of Rockwell Collins Inc., is a leading manufacturer of aircraft interior products and solutions.
At Brazonics Inc. we specialize in the manufacturing of aluminum brazed assemblies including enclosures, chassis, cold plates and heat exchangers for defense and commercial aerospace industrial markets. Our unique processes go beyond traditional capabilities to provide our customers with durable, highly efficient thermal solutions. This high-level of service is accomplished by combining an innovative and knowledgeable engineering team with a versatile and reliable manufacturing group. The result is a resource for military, aerospace, and commercial customers who need top of the line expertise and product manufacturing.
As a leader in the aerospace industry, we are growing rapidly and have a number of exciting positions available right now, including a Heat Treat/ Straightener in our Brazonics Inc business located in Hampton, NH.
Reporting to the Brazing Supervisor the Heat Treat/ Straightener will perform various tasks to manipulate a wide variety of simple to complex assemblies to assure that pre and post liquid brazed units conform to customer specification in accordance with blue prints, within established tolerances, and within established production schedules.
* Performs any one or several of standard straightening finishing activities in accordance with customer specifications and quality standards. Straightening activities include but are not limited to:
* A wide variety of simple to complex parts which normally include:
* Assemblies of a large number of piece parts
* Assemblies consisting of complex machined piece parts
* Assemblies with delicate areas (i.e., fin stock)
* Assemblies consisting of piece parts of unusual shapes and/or a large number of critical dimensions
* Measures part to determine where irregularities in evenness of flat surfaces exist.
* Assures that parts are at appropriate level of hardness, may heat in oven to soften.
* May visually and with measuring devices inspect finished pieces to assure compliance with written instructions and company standards.
* Hammers, taps, adjusts, and repeat processes and re- measure part to assure that all designated surfaces conform with established dimensions and tolerances as indicated by blueprints, engineering drawings, and/or other documentation.
* Maintains work area in clean, safe, operational condition. Reports all malfunctioning equipment in order to speed repairs.
* Records data from inspection and follows all paperwork procedures.
* Observes all health and safety regulations in performance of daily responsibilities.
* Performs other related duties as required or as assigned.
* May aide in training new hires.
* High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
* 1 year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Demonstrated ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
* Ability to read and interpret documents such as blueprints, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, measuring devices and procedure manuals.
* Demonstrated ability to deliver results in a manufacturing environment.
* Attention to detail.
* Knowledge of routers.
* Ability to lift and/or carry up to 50 lbs.
* Previous experience in manufacturing field.
* Experience with MRP / ERP systems.
* Well organized with solid judgment; able to multitask and adjust to changing priorities.
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills; ability to work individually as wel as part of a team.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed descriptions of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; frequently required to walk; and occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The associate must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; risk of electrical shock; vibration; and occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) will be provided as required.
Safety Glasses and Steel Toe Shoes are required in all production areas at all times.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.