9 months ago
* The Boeing Company is seeking a talented and highly motivated machine learning professional to assist with the design, development, and deployment of autonomous airplanes, robotics, drones, and other advanced technologies.
* The ideal candidate will have experience and interest with machine learning, computer vision, natural language processing, reasoning and inference, planning and scheduling, and knowledge representation.
* The candidate will have a strong background in statistics, probability, mathematics, databases, and programming skills.
* General knowledge of recent tools and techniques in these areas are required.
* Programming skills with Python, R, Matlab, C, C++, Java are necessary.
* A successful candidate will become part of the growing Boeing Research & Technology, Boeing’s central R&D organization, Analytics and Simulation organization in Huntsville, AL and work in the new Center for Applied Simulation and Analytics (CASA).
* The ideal candidate will have general knowledge in different techniques applied in machine learning such as supervised learning and unsupervised learning, and of basic concepts in probabilities and applied statistics.
* The types of algorithmic solutions should span across different types of data ranging from numeric, textual (structured or unstructured), images, and video.
* The candidate for this position will be able to effectively apply machine learning and data mining to different types of data collected from tasks and domains such as manufacturing, multimodal sensors, images and video, and online documents.
* They will have the general ability to design, apply, and create new algorithms, methods, and tools for the analysis of data to address project requirements.
* They will have the general ability to evaluate the performance of data analysis algorithms as well as general ability to select and apply algorithms to meet application requirements with respect to scalability.
* The Machine Learning Technologist will have skill and ability to: collect, organize, transform, synthesize, and analyze data; summarize and present findings; develop conclusions and recommendations from appropriate data sources at the work group level.
* The experienced Technologist will identify internal and external customers/sponsors, seeking opportunities to solve their analytics problems.
* The Technologist will work with customers to formulate technical requirements, select analytics methods, identify gaps in existing methods, and develop new methods as necessary.
* They will present results to the customers and lead transition of prototype tools to them as well.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Engineering Test and Tech
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
A successful candidate will be able to work in the dynamic and distributed BR&T environment. An employee will typically work on multi-year projects that end with capability transitions. Project work can be funded by Independent Research and Development, Internal Application Development, Contracted Research and Development, or support to a Boeing Business Unit. An employee will work on a small project team where the knowledge and abilities of each person is important. The work is often simply described and the employee needs to be self-directed to organize and perform the work. Collaboration with others is crucial to successful project performance as is good communication with the project manager, principle investigator, and sponsor. An employee is typically hands-on, likes to figure things out, enjoys learning new things, and is good at applying what they have learned.
* This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
* Experience with high level programming languages such as C, C++, C#, Java, and Python;
* Experience with designing, implementing, training, evaluating, and optimizing algorithms based on state-of-the-art machine learning techniques;
* Experience with applying deep learning for object recognition, scene classification, and scene segmentation;
* Experience with major deep learning framework such as Caffe, CNTK, Theano, Torch, and Tensorflow
* Experience with cloud computing;
* Experience with GPUs;
* Background in SLAM, 3D reconstruction, and motion planning
Typical Education / Experience:
Technical bachelor's degree and typically 9 or more years' related work experience or a Master's degree with typically 7 or more years' or a PhD degree with typically 4 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience. A technical degree is defined as any four year degree, or greater, in a mathematic, scientific or information technology field of study.
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Contingent Upon Program Award