9 months ago
Your Career Begins at Timken Drives LLC
If you’re ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Timken Drives LLC, a leading manufacturer of roller and engineering class chain products and screw conveyor auger, is seeking an Area Manager-Ag Roller to add to our 400 -associate team. Timken Drives is located on the Mississippi River in Fulton, Illinois, and has been in business since 1959. Timken Drives is a solid company with a stable workforce and is well positioned in our core markets while being sufficiently diversified to minimize the impact of market cycles.
Job Title: Area Manager: Ag Roller Chain
The Area Manager is responsible for managing the overall manufacturing process from component to finished assembly for the agricultural roller chain department, consisting of approximately 70 associates including operators and maintenance. This position provides leadership and direction to operations leaders and associates in a multi-zoned, multi-shift department in order to meet customer demand. The position drives strategies for improvement in the areas of safety, quality, delivery and cost through manufacturing process knowledge. The Area Manager accomplishes these goals via the leadership and direction of supervisory, production support, team leader associates, and via the indirect leadership of and in cooperation with operative associates in their work areas. The Area Manager works closely with leaders providing growth and support in communicating with and motivating/leading people in a positive culture, fostering the right environment for positive success at all levels and maintaining team relations through professional challenges and educating associates.
* Responsible for overall flow of the manufacturing process from component to complete chain level for agricultural roller chain product lines, ensuring there is a connection between internal suppliers and customers. Develop, implement, and execute advanced equipment and manning capacity models to ensure demand swings are met.
* Responsible for the development, planning and execution against KPIs (safety, quality, cost, delivery, productivity, and morale), as well as Takt production plan and annual cost center budget.
* Drive safety initiatives and strategy for area of responsibility and implement improvement plans. En-sure ongoing operator safety and a safe work environment by promptly addressing safety hazards, minimizing workplace accidents, and proactively involving associates in the continuous improvement of safety.
* Communicate regularly with direct and indirect reports across regarding customer production requirements and key issues affecting delivery including internal/external quality, equipment status/availability, and resource availability.
* Identify opportunities for cost savings through continuous improvement practices such as inventory reduction, flow day reduction, and cost of manufacturing. Demonstrate the responsibilities of a LEAN leader and drive a LEAN culture in the facility. Ensure associates are engaged and are participating in continuous improvement efforts.
* Facilitate the Talent Management Process to create high-performing teams and a pipeline of ready leadership. Lead goal-setting, coaching, counseling, mentoring, and career development processes with associates. Identify training and needs and create a training strategy to meet customer expectations.
* Ensure compliance with and communication of company policies and procedures. Demonstrate Timken's core values and lead by example.
* Planning function to meet production and demand plans.
* Develop a formal TPM (Total Preventative Maintenance) program for equipment in Ag Roller Chain area and monitor adherence to the TPM plan.
* Strong leadership, critical thinking, and communication skills (verbal and written)
* Prior manufacturing management experience
* Experience developing equipment and manning capacity models
* Strong systemic-thinking and advanced problem-solving skills
* Continuous Improvement/Cost Reduction experience or Lean certification
* Production or materials planning experience
* Skilled in using Microsoft Office suite
* BACHELOR of Manufacturing, Business, Administration, Engineering, or equivalent experience
* Preferred: 3-5 years of prior experience with operations leadership in a manufacturing environment
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.