4 months ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
As an Apprentice Assembler, you will be contributing to the final assembly of these parts for our customers, thus helping UTC Aerospace Systems to maintain its standing as one of the largest global suppliers of technologically advanced aerospace and industrial products.
Apprentice Assemblers assemble and manufacture aircraft parts to meet engineering, customer and regulatory
In this demanding and important position, you will perform routine and repetitive assembly operations and processes for assembly and fabrication of structural aircraft parts within the allotted time to meet customer demands while working in a team environment.
* Read and follow detailed work instructions and blueprints
* Drill holes in various metal and composite components
* nstall fasteners in the assembly of components
* Mix, apply and cure seal
* Conduct self-inspection and audit of your completed work
* Clean and perform routine maintenance to your work station
In this role, you will be required to:
* Maintain focus regarding safety, quality and productivity.
* Work cooperatively with supervisors, co-workers, customers, and others in a team environment displaying mutual trust and respect.
* Be regular and predictable in attendance.
* Demonstrate time, priority and stress management skills in a fast paced environment meeting deadlines while maintaining a customer-oriented demeanor. Comply with policies, applicable regulatory, safety and company rules and requirements.
* Read, interpret and comply with documents such as safety rules, operating instructions, procedures and governmental regulations.
* Follow written and verbal instructions, perform basic math calculations and conduct self-inspection / audit.
* Resolve most questions and problems referring complex issues to higher levels. Self-directed & action oriented with the ability to work with minimal supervision.
* Use Personal Protective Equipment (PPE): safety glasses with side shields, hearing protection, and other PPE as needed for 8+ hours per day..
* Work with chemicals.
* At least 18 years of age or older.
* Minimum experiential requirement includes verifiable work experience with at least ONE of the following:
* Sheet metal fabrication & assembly work experience (preferably in aviation assembly) - 6 months minimum;
* Extensive automotive or other engine repair work experience such as the overhaul of engines and transmissions - 1 year minimum
* Residential / commercial framing or finish carpentry or HVAC installation work experience – 1 year minimum
* Other skilled work experience including using hand and power tools, precision measurement and product construction / assembly – 1 year minimum
* Successful completion of an Aviation / Aerospace trade school or community college program. The program must include hands on experience with close tolerance, cutting, trimming, fitting and fastening.
* Willing to relocate to Foley, Alabama: no relocation or interview travel reimbursement available.
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
* High School Diploma / GED or equivalent required.
* Position also requires successful completion of pre-employment assessment
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.