7 months ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
You probably never think about it, but the engines on an aircraft need to be housed in safe, aerodynamic structures called “nacelles.” UTC Aerospace Systems’ Aerostructures business is a world leader in nacelle technology, which leads to better fuel efficiency, less engine noise and critical stopping power when the airplane lands. Today, our innovative nacelle systems are featured on many of the world’s newest and most game-changing airplane platforms. And we’re not stopping there: we’re working hard to create the next generation of nacelles that are greener, quieter and more efficient. In addition, our Engineered Polymer Products division is a leading developer and manufacturer of advanced, high-performance composite structures and products for marine applications. Whether in the air or underwater, we’re pushing the limits of innovation. Want to join us on this important journey?
As an Apprentice Assembler, you will be contributing to the final assembly fo these parts for our customers, thus helping UTC Aerospace Systems to maintain its standing as one of the largest global suppliers of technologically advanced aerospace and industrial products.
Apprentice Assemblers assemble and manufacture aircraft parts to meet engineering, customer and regulatory requirements. In this demanding and important position, you will perform routine and repetitive assembly operations and processes for assembly and fabrication of structural aircraft parts within the allotted time to meet customer demands while working in a team environment.
In this role you will:
* Read and follow detailed work instructions and blueprints.
* Drill holes in various metal and composite components.
* Install fasteners in the assemble of components.
* Mix, apply and cure seal.
* Conduct self-inspection and audit of your completed work.
* Clean and perform routine maintenance to your work station.
* Maintain focus regarding safety, quality and productivity.
* Work cooperatively with supervisors, co-workers, customers and others in a team environment displaying mutual trust and respect
* Be regular and predictable in attendance.
* Demonstrate time, priority and stress management skills in a fast paced environment meeting deadlines while maintaining a customer-oriented demeanor.
* Read, interpret and comply with documents such as safety rules, operator instructions, procedures and government regulations.
* Follow written and verbal instructions, perform basic math calculations and conduct self-inspection/audit.
* Resolve most questions and problems referring complex issues to higher levels. Self-directed & action orientated with the ability to work within minimal supervision.
* Use Personal Protective Equipment (PPE): safety glasses with side shields, hearing protection, and other PPE as needed for 8+ hours per day.
* Work with chemicals.
Required Experience / Expertise
* At least 18 years of age or older.
* Minimum experiential requirement includes at least ONE of the following:
* Sheet metal fabrication & assembly work experience (preferably in aviation assembly) - 6 months minimum;
* Extensive automotive repair work experience such as the overhaul of engines and transmissions - 1 year minimum
* Residential/commercial framing or finish carpentry or HVAC installation work experience – 1 year minimum
* Successful completion in an Aviation/Aerospace trade school or community college program. The program must include hands on experience with close tolerance, cutting, trimming, fitting and fastening.
* Ability to bend, stoop, stand, kneel for 8+ hours per day and lift 35+ pounds repetitively with or without accommodation and meet other physical requirements based on a medical screening post-offer.
* Ability to read, write, speak and understand work instructions both verbal and written.
* Willing to relocate to Foley, Alabama: no relocation or interview travel reimbursement available..
* Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. Therefore, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
Preferred Experience / Expertise
* Ability to maintain focus regarding safety, quality and productivity.
* Ability to work cooperatively with supervisors, co-workers, customers, and others in a team environment displaying mutual trust and respect.
* Ability to be regular and predictable in attendance.
* Demonstrate time, priority and stress management skills in a fast paced environment meeting deadlines while maintaining a customer-oriented demeanor. Comply with policies, applicable regulatory, safety and company rules and requirements.
* Demonstrated ability to read, interpret and comply with documents such as safety rules, operating instructions, procedures and governmental regulations.
* Able to follow written and verbal instructions, perform basic math calculations and conduct self-inspection / audit. Resolve most questions and problems referring complex issues to higher levels. Self-directed & action oriented with the ability to work with minimal supervision.
* Ability to use Personal Protective Equipment (PPE): safety glasses with side shields, hearing protection, and other PPE as needed for 8+ hours per day.
* Ability to work with chemicals.
* High School Diploma/GED or equivalent.
* Position requires successful completion of pre-employment assessment.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.