10 months ago
Andon Leader - Methods, Global 7000 (12 month Temp Position)-TOR04011
At Bombardier, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we’ll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
In your role, you will:
- Lead a team of salaried and Unionized Methods employees supporting the Productions floor
- Implement Functional Test Procedural instructions to production, aiming to ensure all systems are fully tested.
- Integrate manufacturing requirements and objectives, using an efficient First Article Inspection process to ensure all design change implementation in production will meet the manufacturing requirements
- Integrate with the Change Management organization, provide adequate project schedule, allocation of resources and definition of tooling/processes to allow for a strong change implementation process in the manufacturing environment
- Lead, coach, develop, and assess employees
- Ensure that all team members understand their role and performance in achieving the Operations Unit plan
- Participate in Achieving Excellence and Continuous Improvement activities
- Utilize AES tools to ensure best practice in all deliverables and to implement opportunities to improve including those provided by the formation of the new multi-functional teams
- Ensure the team is fully integrated into the Global Aircraft platform resulting in a one-team approach
- Ensure the right resources are available to meet projected workload delivery on quality, cost and schedule
As our ideal candidate,
- You possess a post-secondary degree and/or at least five (5) + years of Bombardier Aerospace work experience in (Engineering/Methods/Quality environment), technical background is strongly preferred
- You have experience supervising a team. Preference may be given to candidates who have managed a technical team and or supervised unionized personnel and to individuals with cross-functional experience
- You have in depth technical knowledge of the Bombardier Manufacturing System, Bombardier Engineering System and the Aircraft and Aircraft Systems; MRB is an asset
- You have a High-level customer oriented approach with the desire to provide excellent service
- You must take a positive approach to issues which set an example for the organization
- You must be able to work independently with a proactive, results oriented and innovative style with a view to continuous business improvement, demonstrating ethics, good judgment and professionalism
- You have strong communication and presentation skills with the capacity to work well with people at all levels of the organization
Bombardier is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply. As per the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disablities Act (AODA), Bombardier will accommodate the needs of applicants with disabilities throughout all stages of the selection process. If you need accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise your Talent Acquisition representative. Information relating to the need for accommodation and accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
Whether your candidacy is moving on to the next step of the hiring process or not, we will keep you informed by email or by phone. Join us at careers.bombardier.com
Your ideas move people.
Job: Methods Engineer
Primary Location: CA-ON-Toronto Downsview
Employee Status: Temporary
Job Posting: 25.05.2018, 5:22:28 PM