||Analyst, Strategic Pricing I
Frontier Airlines is committed to offering ‘Low Fares Done Right’ to more than 60 destinations in the United States, Dominican Republic, and Mexico on more than 270 daily flights. Headquartered in Denver, Frontier’s hard-working aviation professionals pride themselves in delivering the company’s signature Rocky Mountain hospitality to customers. Frontier Airlines is the proud recipient of the Federal Aviation Administration’s 2015 Diamond Award for maintenance excellence and was recently named the industry’s most fuel-efficient airline by The International Council on Clean Transportation (ICCT) as a result of superior technology and operational efficiencies.
Develops tactical and strategic pricing initiatives in order to maximize overall passenger revenue to benefit Frontier Airlines. Analyzes and maintains day to day fares levels to optimize revenue and remain competitive in the industry. Initiates fare changes; makes recommendations in all aspects of fare filings including published, private, negotiated and codeshare.
- Applies pricing theories; analyzes data, evaluates results, forms conditions and provides/implements processes
- Responsible for timely completion of daily fare monitoring and tactical reaction
- Uses available data support tools to evaluate market strengths and weaknesses
- Identifies competitive action and/or reaction to implemented strategies
- Determines tactical and strategic pricing adjustments as dictated by changes in market demand
- Works with manager to recommend changes to market level pricing strategies
- Analyze internal and external influences on market demand in order to develop sound market pricing strategies which will maximize revenues
- Continued development/refinement and training in the ATPCO and Navitaire
- Ensures that ATPCO/Navitaire applications have achieved desired results
- Participates in project planning, process updates; contributes to strategic planning
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, Finance, Aviation Management or related field; or equivalent work experience
- Demonstrates significant analytical ability
- Must be able to independently identify a problem area and sift through multiple data sources
- Able to efficiently summarize variances and present recommendation to upper management
- Understands how to apply ATPCO rules, footnotes, filings, etc. to achieve desired results
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Basic understanding of Pricing & Revenue Management theory and practices
- Strong analytical skills, communication and interpersonal skills
- High degree of PC skills (MS Office applications, database tools, etc)
- Ability to work under general direction with latitude in planning workload to accomplish objectives
- Ability to handle confidential material
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Entrepreneurial attitude, able to take ownership and deliver results
- Listens actively, learns, teaches and give constructive feedback
- Uses sound judgment and sets a good example
- Knowledge of airline pricing structures, rules and strategies
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature and level of work required of the referenced position; they are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Please be advised that duties and expectations of this position may be subject to change.
Frontier Airlines, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and, as such, is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including: recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.