5 months ago
Location: AA Headquarters 1 (DFW-HDQ1)
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 18778
Join us for a career with endless possibilities.
Looking for a job where a passion for innovation, a culture of teamwork, and opportunities for growth are valued and rewarded? You’ve come to the right place.
You don’t have to be an airline aficionado to join American Airlines. It takes more than cool planes to keep us ahead of the curve, and thanks to our team of behind the scenes professionals, we do just that. As the largest airline in the world, American Airlines is in the business of serving the global travel needs of our customers. At the core of the Company is our commitment to each customer and each employee. We are dedicated to developing and delivering what our customers value and are willing to pay for. Customer-centric planning, innovative marketing, and an exceptional customer experience are supported by a cadre of talented people.
What does it take to join us? We’re glad you asked! We expect exceptional skills in your discipline and a dedication to being the best as we relentlessly pursue our goal of being not just the largest airline in the world, but also the best airline in the world.
Fortunately, we’re building on almost a century of innovation and firsts in our industry – and we plan to continue that tradition of excellence.
About The Job
This job is a member of the Enterprise Network Services Team, within the Information Technology Division. This position will assist in the creation and tracking of all financial aspects of the enterprise network services organization, including operating expenses, project budgets, forecasting, accruals, billing research, disputes, and cost reduction. Additionally, the role will work closely with vendors regarding contracts, equipment, payment strategies, and dispute resolution.
Specifically, you’ll do the following:
* Presents results to senior management and keeps them informed as information is available as to the financial condition of the department
* Provides hands-on analysis of technologies/solutions in terms of their financial impact
* Works with project managers and AA management to negotiate with vendors for lower delivery costs
* Works closely with vendors for dispute resolution, code invoices for payment and order equipment
* Assists in the creation and tracking of all financial aspects of the enterprise network services organization, including operating expenses, project budgets, forecasting, accruals, billing research, disputes, and cost reduction
* Studies and assimilates details of vendor contracts and proposals, in order to accurately prepare and/or analyze a variety of financial records, including capital plans and forecasts
* Partners with vendors regarding contracts, equipment, payment strategies, and dispute resolution
* Presents information to senior IT leaders regarding the financial condition of the department
* Analyzes technologies/solutions and provides financial impact summaries, ensuring that recommendations are cost effective
* Develops and presents business case(s) and related ROI to senior management
* Partners with project managers and leaders to negotiate with vendors for lower delivery costs
* Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Economics, Statistics, Accounting or related financial discipline, or equivalent experience/training
* 3 years of experience managing operating expenses, project budgets, and variance analysis
* Master’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Economics, Statistics, Accounting or related financial discipline, or equivalent experience/training
* 5+ years of experience managing operating expenses, project budgets, and variance analysis
* Experience with financial planning and analysis, forecasting techniques, and variance analysis
* Experience with Telecom Expense Management Systems and associated billing details
* Ability to perform complex mathematical calculations and auditing procedures
* Ability to understand contracts and vendor proposals in order to accurately prepare and/or analyze a variety of financial records, including capital plans and forecasts
* Ability to assimilate large volumes of detailed information, and organize/present material in simple terms
* Ability to adapt to unexpected events, new facts, and rapidly changing circumstances
* Ability to thrive in a sense-of-urgency environment and leverage best practices
* Ability to work well within a team environment, as well as independently with minimal supervision
* Intermediate to advanced skill set in Microsoft Excel
* Ability to effectively explain financial/accounting concepts and adjust messaging based on the audience
* Ability to influence through outstanding interpersonal skills, collaboration, and negotiation skills
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 18778
Nearest Major Market: Fort Worth
Nearest Secondary Market: Dallas
Telecom, Telecommunications, Technology