4 months ago
Analyst, Data Architecture - Bombardier Information Solutions-MON14918
At Bombardier, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we’ll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
Why work for Bombardier Information Solutions (BIS)? We need your passion for moving the world forward. Be part of a world-class, cutting-edge information solutions team who are driving manufacturing forward, embracing the exciting future trends.
At BIS you’ll be part of a diverse and global team of thinkers, entrepreneurs and achievers. You’ll work with extraordinary people from all backgrounds in an environment that encourages creativity and innovation. Every day, millions of people get aboard the planes and trains that we manufacture. Perhaps you do too. At BIS we enable our 66,000+ employees in 60 countries to move people forward around the globe – one good idea at a time.
In your role, you will:
- Focus on data processing capabilities and helping our BIS colleagues and business remove the constraints that prevent them from leveraging their data to develop business insight and predictive analytics,
- To help reduce the amount of Excel spread sheet data extraction and data manipulation currently taking place.
- Provide solutions to digital age data challenges in multiple industries through architecture, design and implementation of an ecosystem of Hadoop, NoSQL, Self-Service Data Preparation, AI, Machine Learning and other modern data technologies on premise and Cloud
- To help establish re-usable universes and platforms
- Work with BIS colleagues and business units / function talent in defining the future state architectures of their data platforms enabling analytical intelligence and then play a key role to implement a roadmap to reach that state
- Architect scalable, highly-available big data solutions that leverage the IoT platform that will collect data from physical assets (i.e. health monitoring systems for planes, trains, etc.) and enable analytics that drive business operations
- Partner with other team members to tactically enable quick sprints from design to delivery of data architectures, allowing for faster delivery of insights
- Define and identify our connected devices tech platform / stack and drive data architecture activities
- Define associated specifications of the data stack, communications protocols, embedded software, cloud hosting and API’s and ensure that we can continue to leverage and scale the tech stack for additional and future initiatives
- Provide leadership and guidance with enterprise data strategies and selecting the appropriate technology platforms; governance practices, and standards to ensure compliance with data security and privacy mandates
- You will redesign/refactor existing traditional DWH/BI solution and transform/adapt them towards self-service capabilities, predictive analytics, large scale and unstructured data processing
As our ideal candidate,
- You have a bachelor’s (masters preferred) in Computer Science, Math or Scientific Computer Engineering, Information Systems or related field
- You have a minimum of 5+ years of relevant working experience, ideally in the transportation and aerospace industry
- You have a minimum of 5+ years hands-on experience leveraging large-scale global data warehousing and analytics solutions
- You have demonstrated industry leadership in the fields of database, data warehousing or data sciences
- You have experience with real time streaming technologies and time series with tools such as Spark, Flink, Samza etc.
- You have Hadoop Big Data knowledge – Hive metastore; storage partitioning schemes on S3 and HDFS
- You are familiar with modern analytical paradigms (deep learning and machine learning) and how they benefit from modern data technologies
- You have very good knowledge of cloud computing and how to enable modern data technologies in the public cloud (preferably AWS)
- You are aware of the specific aspects of public cloud computing in the area of security, scaling, economical aspects (e.g. pay as you go), PaaS and Serverless
- You have design/build/deployed at least 3 data driven application (preferable data lakes) using modern data technologies (Hadoop ecosystem, NoSQL, Streaming) in the public cloud
- You have operationalized prediction algorithms on modern data driven solutions enabling business to gain the value from data
- You understand security at rest and in transit, risk and compliance
- You have excellent knowledge about SQL (remains the lingua franca to query data) and RDBMS
- You are enthusiastic, professional and highly pro-active
- You thrive on finding intriguing solutions to ambiguous problems
- You have excellent spoken and written communications skills in English; French or German is an asset
- You are able to occasionally travel to Europe; North America or Asia
- Candidate must be based out of New Delhi, Katowice, Belfast, Berlin, or Montreal.
Bombardier is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply.
Your ideas move people.
Job: Data/System Architecture
Primary Location: CA-QC-Montreal Dorval
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: 09.02.2018, 10:42:41 PM