8 months ago
The KBRwyle Software and IT Solutions Sector islooking for a Lead Software Engineer to join a team of world class engineerssupporting PMA-231 and E2-D ALE Systems. The ideal candidate shall beknowledgeable about the software development life cycle (SDLC) and be able toadhere to coding standards, follow team established software developmentprocesses, and use established configuration management tools.
The successful candidate will:
• Develop software on off-board laptop system for maintenance, support, andanalysis in addition to adding new capabilities and correct faults and errorsin processing of E-2D platform mission data
• Conduct multidisciplinary research and collaborates with equipment designersand/or hardware engineers in the planning, design, development, and utilizationof electronic data processing systems
• Determine system user needs; analyze system capabilities to resolve problemson program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programmingtechniques and controls; prepare operating instructions; design and developcompilers and assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems whileensuring software standards are met
• Represent the organization as a technical contact on contracts and projects,and interact with leadership and suppliers
• Use innovative thinking to develop technology strategies and enhancedcapabilities of software products
• Use expertise to develop technical solutions to problems and clearly presenttechnical approaches and findings
Education: A Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or other related technicaldiscipline and eight (8) years of experience is required. Four (4) additionalyears of experience can be substituted in lieu of a degree. Preferredapplicant will have experience with project management and/or Scrum/Agile tools(MS Project, Visio, etc.)Industry certifications are highly desired: CISSP, Security +, CSM, PMP, etc.
Experience/Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Applicant must meet the following minimumqualifications:
• Previous experience participating in the full software development life cycle
• Knowledgeable with Object oriented programming
• Experience with Java, JSP, XML, and/or JavaEE development environments(Eclipse IDE)
• Experience with Windows and Windows-based applications, knowledge of ApacheTomcat Web Development
• Strong software lifecycle management experience
• Knowledgeable with configuration management tools such as Jira or TeamFoundation Server (TFS)
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work independently within a team environment and multi-task in afast-paced environment with strict attention to detail
• Ability to obtain and maintain security clearance
Applicant selected may be subject to agovernment security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements foraccess to classified information.