7 months ago
Aloha and thank you for your interest in the Honolulu Airport Ramp Services Training Pool with Hawaiian Airlines!
Candidates who apply for this requisition may be invited for a group screening process, which will be held in the Honolulu area. Candidates who pass the group screening will be invited for panel and
final screenings, which will be held the following week. All screening sessions will be held in mid-December. Travel to the screening sessions are the responsibility of the candidate.
Upcoming Recruitment Events
For a full listing of our upcoming recruitment events, please click
This requisition is for the Honolulu Ramp training pool ONLY. Positions are typically posted 3 - 4 weeks prior to the recruitment event and posted for a limited time only.
Please monitor our current openings page and apply for those positions when it is posted.
During training: Up to 10 days full-time, typically Monday - Friday. Training will be conducted in Honolulu and may be unpaid.
If hired: schedules are awarded on a seniority basis. Work schedules may be part-time or full-time.
Part-time and full-time shift schedules are 5 days on, 2 days off. Days off may not necessarily be consecutive. Schedules are set, however, may change throughout the year in conjunction with the collective bargaining agreement. Part-time
is 20 - 30 hours per week and may be extended up to 40 based on operational need and in conjunction with the union contract.
Candidates with restrictions in their availability will not continue in the recruitment process.
Pay & Benefits:
Pay for the position is in conjunction with the Collective Bargaining Agreement and is $10.71 for the Ramp Agent position and $12.06 per hour for the Contract Serviceman position.
Medical, dental, vision and Hawaiian Airlines flight benefits are offered for part-time and full-time positions.
About the Airport Ramp Services Training Pool:
Candidates in the Airport Ramp Services Training Pool from this recruitment will be can be considered for the Ramp Agent and Contract Serviceman position.
If you are successful in the screening process and identified as a candidate to be considered for training, you will be placed into the training pool.
Final candidates from the screening process will remain in the training pool through April 30, 2018. Candidates not invited for training by then will need to re-apply for the training opportunity.
Candidates in the pool may be invited to attend training provided by Hawaiian Airlines, which is unpaid. The training session is up to two weeks (typically Monday – Friday). If invited to training, you will have an opportunity to learn general airline operations,
regulatory and safety concepts.
Ramp Agent Duties:
Under direct supervision of a higher classification or Supervisor, performs any one or combination of ramp operations
to ensure the safe and timely delivery of guest baggage,
while maintaining the safety and security of the ramp at all times.
Ramp personnel perform duties and activities relating to the following:
* The safe handling, loading and unloading of baggage, cargo, mail and company materials (COMAT) on all aircraft types
* Load planning
* Ramp control
Safe operation of ground service equipment in connection with above duties and only after proper training.
Contract Serviceman Duties:
Contract Servicemen are Hawaiian Airlines employees who assist other airlines with their ramp and cleaner duties. The other airlines contract Hawaiian Airlines to provide services for their flights.
* Loading, stowing and unloading of all cargo and baggage in accordance with flight loading plans.
* Pickup and delivery of all cargo, including mail, express, baggage, freight Company material, commissary supplies.
* Preparation, reporting and accounting of necessary documents relating to work performed.
* Cleaning of aircraft baggage pits and immediate work areas.
* Operation of automotive equipment in connection with the above duties, and only after proper training.
* Insert and remove chocks and safety lines.
* When mechanical personnel are not immediately available for the assignment, receive and dispatch aircraft.
* May also be required to perform the duties of Cleaners: limited to cleaning of offices in surrounding areas and aircraft. Such duties may be assigned only as the needs of the service require.
* Must be able to frequently lift 70 lbs., and up to 120 lbs. occasionally
* Must be able to push and pull up to 180 lbs.
* Must be able to constantly work in Weather / Extremes of Hot / Noise Intensity / Vibration / Atmosphere (Dust, Fumes, Mists, Gases, Poor Ventilation) / Mechanical Parts (Moving Machinery) / Heights
* High school diploma or equivalent
* Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license
* Possess strong two-way communication skills (sending and receiving information)
* Working knowledge of PC Windows
* Able to fluently read, write, speak and understand English
* Able to work in stressful situations and tight time constraints
* Be self-motivated and a team player
* Able to successfully complete a background investigation, including FBI fingerprints, criminal history and pre-employment drug test and obtain clearances to work at the airport
* Satisfactory completion of Dangerous Goods and Hazard Communication training
* Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
* Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
* The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41
Send This Job to a Friend