Flybe is Europe's largest regional airline, with 10 UK bases covering many of the UK and Europe's main cities. Some of the great benefits of working for Flybe include:
* Competitive salary
* Excellent training and career progression opportunities
* Staff Travel Scheme - heavily discounted UK/European flights
* Free Parking & Cycle to Work Schemes
* Retail discounts with some of the biggest brands
* Opportunity to attend Exeter Chiefs & Exeter City FC matches, free of charge!
Oversee and ensure that airport operations during the operational shift run smoothly and efficiently whilst complying with the established safety, security and quality standards. Deliver the best possible on-time operation and airport service experience to ensure our customers always feel special, valued and recognised regardless of circumstance.
Health and Safety
* Understand individual operational safety and security responsibilities
* Be aware of personal health and safety and the health and safety of others at work
Delivering a safe operation:
* Rigorously execute corporate safety, security and compliance policies to ensure the station, employees and suppliers are fully compliant with all regulatory requirements and quality standards
* Investigate all ground related safety events (Q-Pulse and others), ensuring that company risk levels are always reduced to appropriate levels
* Discuss investigation findings with RGM to propose ground safety related guides to the Central support, Safety and Compliance Manager
* Ensure that all Flybe departments and ground handlers falling under the designated airport are informed and comply with Flybe safety requirements.
* Perform safety inspections, and CM checks specially during turn arounds.
* Ensure compliance with Flybe SMS and promote safety just culture.
* Report best practises.
Delivering operational excellence:
* Support and ensure our ground handlers deliver an exceptional service on a daily basis to create genuine connection and memorable experiences for our customers across all points of contact
* Ensure suppliers and local team are up-to-date with the latest product knowledge and deliver accordingly
* Confer special recognition on and help to earn the loyalty and emotional attachment of our highest-value customers (once loyalty program is implemented)
* Act as the escalation point for the Ground Handling Agent
* Liaise with iOCC to provide advises on aircraft changes, delays, cancellations
* Help iOCC mitigate the exposure to EU261
* Proactively prevent and manage flight disruptions and irregularities
* Ensure customers are cared for, informed and given choice where possible through the use of disruption management tools
* Manage and oversee Ground Handling Agent teams dedicated to Flybe operations to achieve operational excellence, being on time and error free
* Continuously drive improvement in operational performance, effectiveness and productivity. Monitor handler against service level agreement during the duty time.
* Keep crew informed on potential delays and work together to reduce them
* Liaise with cabin crew, flight deck and engineering to ensure that ongoing difficulties at situation are resolved.
* Investigate all ground related events (non-safety related), ensuring that company policies and procedures are complied with.
* Utilize customer complaints and crew reports to identify risks and propose guidance RGM
* Perform compliance checks, follow up on findings/observations so they can be closed in a timely manner.
Local relationship and Flybe visibility:
* Implement and maintain excellent local relationships with all third parties working on or for the Flybe product (operational)
* Deputise when needed for RGM on attending all relevant local committees (AOC, LBC, Airport safety groups...) ensuring that Flybe's needs are considered.
* Ensure Flybe brand and overall image are compliant with HQ requirement.
* Ensure that operational stationery is in stock and valid. Monitor local supplies management and cost.
* Help with the application of local airside passes.
* Responsible to ensure contracted services are delivered at all time.
* Promote on time performance and company's culture.
* Help the RGM to achieve high results in best base competition.
* Any other task as requested by Head Quarter.
* Be a member of the GO Team and understand associated roles and responsibilities
Essential Skills and Qualifications
* Demonstrate a strong experience in Airline Ground Operations
* Knowledge of National and European Aviation Safety legislation and requirements
* Experience in performing compliance and safety investigations
* Experience on managing third parties
* Previous experience in leading and managing within a complex and multicultural environment
* Knowledge on safety and security, and SMS
* Ability to handle and react effectively and spontaneously to the different operational modes such as normal operations, disruption, Emergency and Accident and contingency situations
* Adapts to and embraces constant change
* Dangerous Goods Awareness qualification
* Ability to hold an Airside Access pass for a number of airports through applicable courses - Ramp Safety, GSAT etc
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* Customer management experience
* DCS ALTEA proficiency
* Analysis and Problem Solving
* Customer Focus
* Teamwork and Building Partnerships
* Coping with Pressure
* Leading and Engaging Teams
Act as a role model for the organisation by demonstrating the Flybe values:
* Care & Respect Each Other
* Look After Our Customers
* Own Our Actions
* Strive For Better
* Everyone Together