9 months ago
Porter Airlines has revolutionized short-haul flying with a warm and effortless approach to hospitality, restoring glamour and refinement to air travel. Porter is an Official 4 Star Airline® in the World Airline Star Rating® and also rated as Best Regional Airline in North America by Skytrax.
The airline currently offers flights to Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, Quebec City, Moncton, Halifax, St. John’s, Thunder Bay, Sault Ste. Marie, Sudbury, Timmins, North Bay, Windsor, New York (Newark), Chicago (Midway), Boston, Washington (Dulles), Pittsburgh and has seasonal flights to Mt. Tremblant, Que., Myrtle Beach, S.C., Burlington, Vt., and Orlando-Melbourne, Fla.
FUNCTION: Reporting to the Manager, Crew Resources the Crew Planner is responsible for assisting in the preparation of monthly crew schedules.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* You will be responsible for assisting in the preparation of monthly crewing schedules for Pilots and Flight Attendants. This activity mixes the commercial flying program with known crew vacation as well as required crew initial and recurrent training.
* Pairing building and time-sensitive record-keeping form an integral part of this position
* Actively participate in Porter’s Safety Management System (SMS) including, reporting hazards and incidents encountered in daily operations; understand, comply and promote the Company Safety Policy
* Other duties as assigned
* Concern for Safety: Identifying hazardous or potentially hazardous situations and taking appropriate action to maintain a safe environment for self and others.
* Teamwork: Working collaboratively with others to achieve organizational goals.
* Passenger/Customer Service: Providing service excellence to internal and/or external customers (passengers).
* Initiative: Dealing with situations and issues proactively and persistently, seizing opportunities that arise.
* Results Focus: Focusing efforts on achieving high-quality results consistent with the organization’s standards.
* Fostering Communication: Listening and communicating openly, honestly, and respectfully with different audiences, promoting dialogue and building consensus.
* Able to work in a team environment
* Well organized and detail oriented
* Superior oral and written communication skills
* Dependability (must have a clear attendance record and reliable on time reporting for work)
* Must be a self-starter and able to work under pressure to meet time sensitive delivery dates
* Must be personable and able to communicate issues to crew members
* Knowledge of the Canadian Aviation Regulations is required
* 3 years minimum previous experience as a Crew Planning or Crew Scheduler in an airline environment
* Knowledge of Sabre CrewTrac is an asset
* Knowledge of Crew Planning software (FLiCA) is an asset
* Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport - YTZ
* Post Date September 12, 2017
* Reference ID 53-48-93