12 months ago
JOB TITLE: Tech Spec I (Airframe Systems Integration Zone Lead Coordinator)
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
The primary objective for the Airframe Systems Integration group is to ensure designs are fully integrated between the multiple design disciplines as well as manufacturing and maintainability. Other important objectives included supporting Design for Manufacturing goals of part standardization and part count reduction and providing requirements and processes for each phase of the design process.
1. Manages Installation Design of all aircraft assemblies.
2. Coordinates integration of airframe and system installations. Holds planning and review meetings as needed. Manages and reviews schedules.
3. Manages the coordination and development of parts, planning assemblies and installations.
4. Has oversight over the release of engineering documentation / 3d models.
5. Responsible for interface definition & configuration control of a specific aircraft zones section.
6. Reviews engineering and all release criteria.
7. Defines when sufficient review cycle criteria have been met. Conducts risk analysis for remaining tasks.
8. Host 3D DMU Fly Through sessions for team members for real time problem solution.
9. Must be familiar with Aircraft Systems separations requirements
1. Actively works to improve daily processes and ensures all work meets customer requirements.
2. Experience in communicating with employees/teams in productive and efficient manner.
3. Ability to work independently and cross-functionally.
4. Current and up-to-date knowledge of developments in the structures/systems design disciplines 3D / MBD data requirements, as well as all interrelated disciplines of design build teams.
5. Ensures designs meet customer criteria, quality standards and FAA requirements
6. Knowledge of industry design and documentation standards.
7. Use and understanding of Dimensioning and tolerancing including familiarity with ASME Y14.5 desirable.
8. Experience with mechanical assemblies and manufacturing technique design.
9. Applies extensive and diversified knowledge of industry fabrication practices for aircraft parts.
10. Performs other duties as assigned
11. CATIA Knowledgeware and SmarTeam experience desirable.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelors degree in engineering, a related curriculum, or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. See Other Requirements in Job Description. 5 yrs in specific technical discipline or 10 yrs broad eng experience in several technical disciplines with Bachelors. Experience credit considered for related adv degrees limited to 2 yrs for Masters, 4 yrs for PhD in fields applicable to this job.
Assists with the planning, coordination, performance of design, analysis and liaison engineering supporting the development and production of Gulfstream products and services
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Essential Functions: 1. Contributes to planning, developing and coordinating of important engineering projects 2. Provides specialized technical assistance to team members 3. Uses advanced techniques and modified extension of theories to provide technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems 4. Determines and develops own approach to solutions within schedule and cost objectives 5. Works under limited supervision; work should only be required to be reviewed for accuracy and consistency with meeting overall objectives 6. Acts as liaison with representatives outside of the assigned group/area
Additional Functions: 1. Actively works to improve daily processes and ensures all work meets customer requirements 2. Maintains a current knowledge of developments in the field of specialty and/or other related aircraft fields in order to recommend innovations to improve quality and effectiveness of company product 3. Performs other duties as assigned
Other Requirements: 1. Advanced degree in engineering related field preferred 2. The level of technical skill and abilities appropriate for this grade will be established by each discipline
Languages Required (in addition to English): English
Requisition Number: 96301
Percentage of Travel: Up to 75%
Employment Type: Full-time
Gulfstream does not provide work visa sponsorship for this position, unless the applicant is a currently sponsored Gulfstream employee.
26 days ago
only 1 day until close
21 days ago
only 7 days until close
15 days ago
only 13 days until close
7 days ago
only 21 days until close