11 months ago
REACH won the prestigious "Program of the Year Award" presented by the Association of Air Medical Services for 2015. Our outstanding reputation is due in great part to our notable safety practices and effective customer service program. This award is hailed as one of the air medical transport industry's highest honors and is presented annually to the company whose program clearly exceeds industry standards for safety, patient care, leadership and community service.
Founded in 1987, our mission statement is "In every situation, do what is right for the patient." The company has consistently demonstrated a commitment to patient care and has transported more than 100,000 critically ill and inured patients to date. We have over 30 bases in California, Oregon, Nevada, Montana, Colorado and Texas, and Wyoming.
The Aircraft Technician/Mechanic repairs, troubleshoots and maintains REACH aircraft in accordance with all applicable FAR’s, and manufacturer’s recommendations. This position reports directly to the Lead Mechanic(s). He/she must be familiar with standard concepts, practices and procedures within aviation and related fields. Relies on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. He/she will perform a variety of tasks while under general supervision.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Ensures that all maintenance/work that he/she performs is done in accordance with the REACH Operations Manual, Operations Specifications, REACH Policies and Procedures, manufacturer’s manuals and/or current Federal Aviation Regulations, as applicable. Maintains, repairs, and troubleshoots aircraft airframe and engine to ensure aircraft conformance with manufactures specifications and FAA regulations.
* Performs scheduled and nonscheduled inspections on company aircraft.
* Responsible for identification of aircraft discrepancies and the determination if the discrepancy is or is not airworthy as determined by the manufacturer or other data that is acceptable to the FAA.
* Recommends part changes or adjustments to aircraft to improve aircraft and or engine performance.
* Identifies and orders required parts required to correct aircraft discrepancies.
* Documents and maintains paperwork for maintenance according to REACH and FAA regulations and procedures.
* Required to perform essential duties of a Base Aircraft Technician and support maintenance at base locations as required up to 15% of time.
* Required to be on call as required up to 10% of the time
* Works with crew members and internal departments to resolve maintenance issues with a focus on creating and maintaining a positive work / service environment.
* Performs other duties and functions as directed by Lead Mechanic, Hangar Manager or Asst Director of Maintenance.
* High School diploma or equivalent
* FAA Airframe & Powerplant Mechanics certificate, and 1-5 years of aviation experience
* Previous Rotorcraft, Fixed Wing, and/or Part 135 experience preferred
* To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The minimum requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Value Based Competencies:
Customer / Patient Focused:
* Responds to the needs of those served and demonstrates concern for meeting those needs.
* Tailors each interaction to the specific needs of the person and/or situation.
* Responds quickly and effectively to problems that arise while providing service.
* Demonstrates open, honest and respectful communication.
* Provides timely, constructive feedback that contributes to others' development (each member must demonstrate a commitment to help each other succeed).
* Thinks broadly when seeking new ways to improve performance, processes and services.
* Seeks out and utilizes best practices.
* Takes responsibility for individual and team actions, decisions and results.
* Measures progress against agreed upon plans and stated goals.
* Dedicated to team success.
* Performs work with high quality and excellence.
* Dependable and delivers on established timelines
Working Conditions and Physical Environment
Physical Requirements: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
* Utilize visual acuity to read technical information, use hands to finger, handle, feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
* Perform activities requiring a moderate amount of standing, sitting, and walking.
* Capable of lifting 40 lbs. floor to bench height.
Environmental Conditions: Entails exposure to indoor and outdoor weather conditions, may be exposed to loud aircraft noise, fumes, gasses, odors, dust particles and mechanical/electrical hazards.
Reporting Relationship: Reports directly to the Lead Mechanic, Hangar Manager and Asst Director of Maintenance
REACH offers competitive benefits including medical, dental, vision, short- and long-term disability, life insurance, as well as a 401(k) plan. We also offer a flexible paid-time-off program and voluntary supplemental life insurance packages.
REACH is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for the position applied for without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, or other non-merit factors.
We welcome and encourage applications from minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities (including disabled veterans).