5 months ago
Aircraft Structures Technician – ACTIVE Interim Clearance Required.
* Assembles, disassembles and/or modifies systems by changing, removing, replacing or upgrading aerospace vehicle components to correct failures or implement changes.
* Oversees assembly, disassembly or overhaul.
* Configures aerospace vehicles and bench test equipment.
* Troubleshoots complex pneumatic, hydraulic and electrical systems to isolate mechanical or electrical faults and repair faulty components.
* Performs validation/verification testing of systems and components. Documents procedures and established processes to ensure contractual and regulatory compliance (e.g., repairs, test results, applicable modifications and inspection results). Inspects components and verifies repairs for flight worthiness requirements.
Background and skills needed for this position:
* 4+ years’ experience in aircraft structures.
* Active interim clearance required.
* Rivet structural assemblies and parts using all tools required to do the job, such as drill guide bushings, drill guide blocks, micrometers, calipers, scales, no-go gauges, cold working, cold bonding, basic electrical wiring and common drilling hand tools
* Perform assembly and fitting of detail parts and structures and varied drilling and riveting operations; ensures parts/assembly meet requirements.
* Read work orders and company process spec procedures to determine sequence of operations, type size and hole pattern
* Check all work and ensure a defective free assembly prior to final inspection with high importance on first time quality
* Align and assemble parts to be riveted using or moving jigs, holding fixtures, pins, clamps, and fasteners
* Ability to read and interpret basic blueprints
* Read and comprehend basic documents and instructions
* Ability to work with or sand composite fibers, resins, materials, aircraft sealants, paints, and hazardous materials such as aircraft fuel.
* Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs also be able to climb ladders/stands/stairs and work in small spaces and/or restricted areas, stand for up to 10 hrs a day