8 months ago
Looking for a new career opportunity? Join us!
For over 30 years, L3 MAS has carried out the repair, maintenance, and modernization of the Canadian fighter jets, the CF-18s. Thanks to our technical expertise developed over time and our passionate employees, L3 MAS has developed innovative and personalized solutions for the in-service support contracts of the Canadian government’s aircraft fleets such as the CH-148 Cyclone and CH-147F Chinook helicopters, and the CC-150 Polaris (Airbus 310) aircraft. Our technical expertise also includes the repair and overhaul of aircraft components, first and third line aircraft maintenance, the design and manufacturing of aircraft parts for major Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs), and state-of-the-art technical publication solutions.
The structural stress analyst participates in the Aircraft Structural Integrity Program (ASIP) of the CF-18. He assesses the cause and level of Risk of known structural failures and carries out the analysis and the technical validation of modification concepts and structural repair associated to such failures.
* Interpret and integrate the data, the loading modes, and the safety factors according the established specifications and standards (FAR, CAR or Mil Standard);
* Analyze damage and fatigue tolerance of aircraft structures, using conventional methods and/or finite element methods;
* Carry out reviews of tests failures, in service failures, structural configurations, to provide recommendations for inspections, modifications and repairs to the fleet.
At L3 MAS you will:
* Contribute to the continuous improvement of the company and be recognized for your impact;
* Enjoy a flexible work schedule allowing you to conciliate work-life balance;
* Participate in gathering sports and social activities organized by the staff for the staff;
* Have access to exclusive on-site services such as massotherapy, fitness and language classes, seasonal tire change, annual vaccination clinic, charging stations for electric vehicles and more;
* Benefit from a Comprehensive Employee Benefits Package, including a customizable group insurance plan and a Group RRSP with contribution match-up.
At L3 MAS, we care about the principles of employment equity and we encourage Women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and visible minorities that qualify to apply.
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
* Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or Aeronautics Engineering;
* Minimum of five (5) years of experience in aeronautics required;
* Experience in stress analysis (fatigue and static) and/or specialized courses in stress analysis required;
* Experience with the use of the following software: NASTRAN/PATRAN, HyperMesh or other finite element software, EXCEL, Matlab and CATIA V5/V6;
* Ability to read drawings;
* Bilingualism essential (French and English);
* Ability to write reports in English;
* Experience with military specifications and standards a major asset.
In addition, the candidate sought…
* Has strong skills for teamwork;
* Is dynamic and innovative and enjoys facing technical challenges;
* Is organized, autonomous and has strong analytical abilities.
Operational requirements :
* * Must be eligible for registration to the Controlled Goods Program;
* Must be eligible to obtaining and maintaining the government of Canada’s “Reliability” status and Level 2 (Secret) security clearance;
* Location not accessible via public transportation. A car is needed.
CAN Security Clearance Required: NATO Secret
: Day - 1st
: Division L-3 MAS