What to expect when joining us
Employment is subject to successful completion of the induction training course and subject to satisfactory references enabling you to obtain an airside pass.
The Hourly rate is £8.56 per hour.
You will work a rotating roster which will include early starts and late finishes as well as some night shifts. You will be expected to work 12 hours shifts, 4 on 4 off.
Your roster will be issued two weeks in advance. It may be subject to change at short notice but where ever possible your planned days off will be protected.
You will be provided a uniform which you will be required to wear to the company standard.
You will be entitled to holiday which will be accrued at approximately 14 hours per month and can be taken on application and subject to availability only.
Any holiday not taken will be paid at the end of the contract.
You will be paid monthly with any additional hours and deductions being applied a month in arrears.
Overtime is applicable at a rate of £1.30 extra per hour Monday – Friday and £1.60 extra per hour Saturday and Sunday once you have exceeded 48 hrs. per week calculated over a monthly period.
You will be provided car parking at Swissport cost.
Planning, designing and performing ramp services according to standards set forth by Swissport's policies and procedures. Ensures the functionality and coordination of all handling units during actual operation. Maintain excellent relations with customers and authorities.
- Ensure handling services as per ground handling agreements with the customer airlines
- Maintain applicable safety standards and care of GSE
- Ensure adherence to quality targets and arrange for quality measurements
- Identify business opportunities and sector trends
- Maintain customer focus and quality awareness
- Strict implementation of Ramp Service budget
- Maintain reporting system to the General Manager
- Assist in recruitment, training and assessment of ramp services staff
- Responsible for duty roster procedures for ramp services personnel
- Report all irregularities to Management
- Other duties as assigned
The list is not exhaustive and is not intended to restrict the scope of the job but clearly define a starting point and may vary depending on location and local customer requirements. Qualifications and Competencies
- In possession of at least three GCSE’s / O Level or Leaving Cert (and equivalent)
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) Access will be considered an advantage;
- Excellent verbal and written communicate skills
- Strong organizational and multi tasking skills
- Leadership ability
- Customer focus and quality awareness
- Ability to deal with conflict
- Flexible to work on various shifts (days, evening, nights, weekends, and holidays)
- Ability to speak and understand the English language
- Ability to travel to the airport at times where public transport is not available
- Ability to follow processes and procedures and apply flexible approach when required
- Willingness to work in inclement weather
- Physically fit, able to work in a manual environment .
- Able to work as a team in a fast paced environment
- A full driving license
- Previous experience working in an aviation environment is desired