7 months ago
Aircraft Safety Inspector – Seeking Veterans w/ Military Aviation Exp.
Now hiring Veterans with previous military aviation maintenance experience
Summary: The Safety Inspector applies knowledge and skills typically acquired as a Crew Chief, A&P mechanic, QC Inspector or QA auditor. You will be responsible for compiling objective evidence by conducting interviews, reviewing documentation, observing activities, performing audits, surveillance and investigations to determine whether organizations and/or individuals (management or non-management) are conducting business in accordance with regulations and established policies and procedures. The Safety Inspector provides direction and recommendations for the resolution of matters of non-conformance through the development of corrective action plans, comprehensive fixes and/or process changes.
The Safety Inspector engages primarily in the following types of assignments: (not limited to)
* Evaluating technicians and the repair facility for continuing accuracy;
* Evaluating the technicians working on the aircraft training program;
* Inspecting aircraft and related equipment for the accomplishment of proper maintenance;
* Challenging technicians and inspectors, that they are following established policies and procedures.
* Investigate all accidents, incidents and reported customer quality escapes.
Qualifications and Background Desired:
* High School Diploma or equivalent
* U.S. Military Veteran
* 2+ years’ of safety program experience.
* Able to read, write and speak English.
* Able to competently research and retrieve technical data.
* Properly interpret blueprints, drawings and other technical data.
* Be able to work under adverse conditions in a production / aircraft hangar environment.
Physical requirements: (not limited to)
* May be exposed to high level of noise, dust, vibration and chemical fumes (within OSHA limits).
* Able to climb on ladders and platforms occasionally attaining heights of various aircraft types.