4 months ago
The Aircraft Painter II works under minimum supervision to safely prepare, paint and detail aircraft according to schedule using company quality standards and operating procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Safely perform aircraft preparation, painting, and detailing of aircraft under minimal supervision.
* Coordinate with supervision and Inspection to ensure compliance with internal and FAA paperwork, sign-offs and quality specifications.
* Follow standard operating procedures when using tools and equipment such as dual action sanders, hydraulic lift platforms and paint sprayers.
* Properly care for and maintain shop equipment and tools.
* Follow standard operating procedures when using sealants, paint strippers and corrosion-preventive chemicals and use protective equipment as required.
* Comply with safety rules and procedures and be alert for unsafe conditions. Address unsafe conditions before putting people or property at risk.
* Use the material tracking system to create parts demand, track squawks and to sign-off work.
* Assist with aircraft movement in hangars.
* Offer continuous improvement ideas/participate in continuous improvement activities.
* Must have 2 years experience in related paint processes. Aircraft industry experience preferred.
* High school diploma or GED
* Valid Driver's License
* A working knowledge of paint processes and products (lacquers, enamels, epoxies, urethanes, and acrylics) is necessary.
* Ability to read and interpret blueprints and engineering documentation.
* Able to pass Pulmonary Function Test to obtain respirator certification.
* Must be computer literate.
* This client does not provide work visa sponsorship for this position, unless the applicant is a currently sponsored Gulfstream employee.
* Must report with a valid form of identification
About Our Client:
Our client has led the evolution of business and personal aviation since the 1958 debut of the world’s first purpose-built business aircraft
Today, they produce the world’s most advanced business aircraft, with innovations from nose to tail and wingtip to wingtip, all while offering unmatched global product support and service
APA Services, Inc. is a full service staffing company supplying qualified technical and professional employees to the most reputable companies in the Aerospace/Aircraft industry—across the United States and abroad.
Benefits of working with APA Services:
Weekly Payroll, Medical Insurance Available, Cash Advances, Travel Pay and/or bonuses on Select Contracts.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the APA Services family give us a call at
Thanks for taking the time to apply and we look forward to working with you soon.