7 months ago
The Boeing Company is seeking an Aircraft Painter (Level B) to support the team in Boeing South Carolina.
• Prepares exterior surface of aircraft for painting. Performs masking, stripping, washing of aircraft sections and components. Selects, blends and mixes paints, inks and coatings to specifications.
• Paints aircraft interior, exterior and piece parts to engineering and customer specifications. Applies aircraft finishes and external markings to sections. Coats areas inaccessible to hand sprayer using brush or roller. Coats surface of parts, assemblies and finished products with protective or decorative materials.
• Verifies quality of work per appearance document and performs visual inspections of paint and equipment.
• Performs rework and touchup painting utilizing spray and brush per specifications.
• Operates mechanical lifts and elevated work platforms to access work.
• This position requires an individual when working at heights to utilize fall protection equipment that has weight limitations.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Relocation Assistance Available
Yes. Available for eligible candidates, if authorized.
Required Skills and Experience:
• Minimum 1 year experience painting
• Required to wear fall protection gear, safety equipment and masks.
• Ability to work variable shifts; including day, evening, night and weekends
Desired Skills and Experience:
• Preferred experience painting aircrafts and/ or automobiles
Candidates selected for this position who are eligible for a relocation package will receive the Production and Maintenance Standard Relocation Plan.
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Typical Education/ Experience:
High school diploma or GED and typically 1 or more years' related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Contingent Upon Program Award