POSITION SUMMARY: With proven skills proficiency, perform intermediate, semi-skilled work to identify, remove, and install aircraft components and to perform servicing of engines and aircraft accessories to ensure airworthiness according to customer specifications and FAA standards. Reads and complies with instructions and safety information as necessary for proper and safe completion of assigned work.
FUNCTIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Follows safety procedures and wears/uses appropriate safety /personal protection equipment (PPE) for the work being performed.
- Follows instructions and Flightstar's standard operating procedures. Responsible for remaining current on all required training regarding aircraft maintenance and safety standards to personnel assigned to him/her as apprentices, if any.
- Prepares and maintains basic records such as work order and non-routine task card documentation, logs, and time and material records, as instructed.
- Possesses working knowledge of ATA Codes (Chapter and Subchapters) as well as aircraft zones, narrow body airframe familiarization, and industry standards.
- Reads instructions and safety information as necessary for proper and safe completion of assigned work. Co-signs off aircraft maintenance paperwork upon meeting all regulatory and customer program requirements.
- Services and repairs aircraft and engines to ensure airworthiness according to customer specifications and FAA standards.
- Removes and replaces aircraft components according to driving documentation.
- Identifies, removes, and installs inspection access panels.
- Under direction, performs routine servicing of engines and aircraft accessories.
- Performs work actions in the jacking and leveling of aircraft.
- Reads maintenance manuals to identify and locate aircraft components on the aircraft, and accurately implements instructions of maintenance manuals. Identifies the structural composition of aircraft (i.e., aluminum or composite) prior to performing any work on the structure.
- Performs aircraft lubrications.
- Removes and replaces filters, and performs leak checks.
- Under direction, performs repairs on noted discrepancies, and effectively researches manufacturer's manual for appropriate repair procedures prior to performing repairs.
- Working knowledge of Flightstar's integrated operating systems (AMROS) relating to locating parts, alternate part numbers, requesting parts and verifying effectively of parts.
- Uses basic hand tools or equipment to perform skilled manual and technical work.
- Lifts and carries hand tools, parts, and work materials; ascends and descends ladders and platforms; and frequently works in a variety of positions such as stooping, kneeling or squatting.
- Communicates effectively in English regarding work activities, per FAA requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
REPORTS TO: Project Manager under the immediate supervision of the Lead Aircraft Mechanic to the assigned crew
SUPERVISES: Non-Supervisory role
HUMAN INTERACTION/COMMUNICATION: In performing the job, an individual in this position experiences significant interface with his or her immediate supervisor, other managers and supervisors, lead workers, other employees, and contract workers.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum three (3) years of relevant experience providing knowledge of aircraft routine and non-routine maintenance and repair work techniques, terminology, parts, etc.
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or GED required. Familiar with 14 CFR Part 91/121 or 145 preferred. Individuals who desire to be successful Aircraft Mechanics should consistently pursue an A& P certificate.
COMPUTER SKILLS: Individual will perform daily transactions within Flightstar's ERP system (AMROS KIOSK), vending (POU), as well as research customer's maintenance manuals.
SAFETY: Works safely and follow safety rules and regulations. Reports unsafe working conditions and behavior. Takes reasonable prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices. Adheres to Flightstar's SMS safety culture.
MEASUREMENT OF PERFORMANCE: Performance is measured by the degree of success in performing the essential functions of the job. Annual performance evaluations are given upon periodic review and input from the Project Manager.