3 months ago
This is an opportunity to work in San Antonio, TX as an Aircraft Mechanic II - Electrical mechanic on a Commercial Derivatives/Mission Systems Upgrade program.
The candidate specializes in electrical work, modification, troubleshooting and repair. Performs aircraft bench and/or flight troubleshooting, adjustment, repair and installation and testing of non-complex and moderately complex aircraft electrical systems in accordance with DOD, manufacturer, company, supplier and other directives. Adhering to government and company procedural guidance, performs assembly, installation, visual inspection of physical characteristics, modification of wire bundles & electrical assemblies, operational and quality checks of aircraft work. Troubleshoots malfunctions in aircraft electrical and comm/nav-systems of moderate difficulty at the organizational or depot maintenance level. Repairs, replaces and rebuilds electrical system wiring, connectors and components using hand tools, power tools, and applicable test equipment. Reads and interprets manufacturers' maintenance manuals, service bulletin, technical data, components. Installs and or modifies new or existing systems.
Duties man include, but are not limited to:
• Interpret standard work instructions, charts, tables, blueprints, formulas, sketches, verbal and electronic orders, job layouts, etc. to accomplish assigned work.
• Ensure that all equipment is used in accordance with established safety and operating procedures.
• Conduct routine preventative work to maintain and ensure cleanliness of equipment.
• Diagnose and correct malfunctions occurring in machining and/or assembly process.
• Perform necessary drilling, riveting, assembly or subassembly, including bonding and sealing as required.
• Use any and all precision measuring instruments, gauges, tools, etc., necessary to check machine readiness and to check completed parts for finish, dimensions and conformance to quality requirements.
• Perform all tasks involved in the coordination, preparation, and movement of material and tools.
• Operate a forklift, mobile crane, and riding type electric powered elevating equipment to accomplish work assignment.
• Maintain necessary certifications, licenses and permits as required for assigned work.
• Work with Engineering, Planning, research engineers, etc. to originate and develop new procedures, techniques and production aids to facilitate equipment operations and to support design and implementation of new products.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Engineering Mods & Maintenance
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (REQUIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE):
• Position requires 4 to 6 years of experience in those duties as previously described for satisfactory performance.
• Knowledgeable in shop mathematics and practices, electrical/electronic theories and sufficient to perform assigned duties.
• Experience in working with schematics, specifications, assembly drawings and standard operating procedures.
• Proficient in computer skills including but not limited to: aircraft related systems and basic office software.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (DESIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE):
• Current US security clearance at the secret level or higher.
• Experience with mission systems and/or surveillance aircraft.
• FAA certification in Airframe and/or Power plant AND minimum on six (6) years’ experience is preferred.
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Contingent Upon Program Award