3 months ago
This is an opportunity to work in San Antonio, TX as an Aircraft Mechanic II - Avionics mechanic on a Commercial Derivatives/Mission Systems Upgrade program.
Avionics technician applies basic and some advanced technical knowledge to solve routine problems by interpreting manufacturers’ manuals or similar documents. Work requires familiarity with the interrelationships of circuits and judgment in planning work sequence, in selecting tools, testing instruments, and is reviewed for compliance with accepted practices. This technician works under immediate supervision and achieves technical guidance, as required from supervisor or higher-level technician.
Assists in the performance of aircraft bench and/or flight line operational testing, troubleshooting to the LRU level or applicable wiring, adjustment, repair and installation of any complex or non-complex aircraft electrical or electronic system in the testing, development, repair, alignment and modification of aircraft and related systems in accordance with DOD, manufacturer, company, supplier and other directives.
Performs assembly, installation, check-out physical characteristics, operational testing and modification of wire bundles and avionics components in the testing, development and modification of aircraft in accordance with DOD, manufacturer, company, supplier and other directives. Perform moderately complex work where specific or general operation methods are available. Judgment to make some intermediate level decisions. Responsible for the proper performance of assignments and the prudent handling of product, tools and equipment. Work with the guidance of more senior skilled employees and assist less senior employees. Perform all duties of lower Avionics classifications as required to successfully accomplish assignments.
Duties may include, but are not limited to:
• Perform all tasks involved in the preparation, set up and operation of thermal processing tools and equipment.
• Interpret standard work instructions, charts, tables, blueprints, formulas, sketches, verbal and electronic orders, job layouts, etc. to accomplish assigned work.
• Ensure that all equipment is used in accordance with established safety and operating procedures.
• Conduct routine preventative work to maintain and ensure cleanliness of equipment.
• Diagnose and correct malfunctions occurring in machining and/or assembly process.
• Perform necessary drilling, riveting, assembly or subassembly, including bonding and sealing as required.
• Use any and all precision measuring instruments, gauges, tools, etc., necessary to check machine readiness and to check completed parts for finish, dimensions and conformance to quality requirements.
• Perform all tasks involved in the coordination, preparation, and movement of material and tools.
• Operate a forklift, mobile crane, and riding type electric powered elevating equipment to accomplish work assignment.
• Maintain necessary certifications, licenses and permits as required for assigned work.
• Work with Engineering, Planning, research engineers, etc. to originate and develop new procedures, techniques and production aids to facilitate equipment operations and to support design and implementation of new products.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Engineering Mods & Maintenance
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
QUALIFICATIONS (REQUIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE):
• Perform moderately complex work where specific or general operation methods are available. Judgment to make some intermediate level decisions.
• Responsible for the proper performance of assignments and the prudent handling of product, tools and equipment.
• Will be required to work with the guidance of more senior skilled employees and assist less senior employees.
• Perform all duties of lower Avionics classifications as required to successfully accomplish assignments.
• The employee must be able to ascend and descend vertical work ladders, work in confined spaces, and lift loads of approximately 35 pounds.
• Must be able to work various shifts and/or an alternate baseline schedule that may frequently change to support mission requirements and may include weekends and holidays. Mission requirements and/or workload may require both scheduled and unscheduled overtime.
• Position requires 4 to 6 years of experience in those duties as previously described for satisfactory performance.
• Knowledgeable in shop mathematics and practices, electrical/electronic theories and sufficient to perform assigned duties.
• Experience in working with schematics, specifications, assembly drawings and standard operating procedures.
• Proficient in computer skills including but not limited to: aircraft related systems and basic office software.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (DESIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE):
• Current US security clearance at the secret level or higher.
• Experience with mission systems and/or surveillance aircraft.
• FAA certification in Airframe and/or Power plant AND minimum on six (6) years’ experience is preferred.
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Contingent Upon Program Award