about 1 year ago
Summary/Objective: The Aircraft Mechanic is responsible for the on-going airworthiness of the Sun Country Airlines’ fleet of aircraft
* Troubleshoot and repair aircraft to Sun Country Airlines’ standards.
* Correctly complete paperwork for maintenance performed on aircraft.
* Enter all log items, NRTCs, and task cards into TRAX.
* Travel to repair Sun Country Airlines’ aircraft at outstations when needed.
* Identify and report problems that could impact daily maintenance operations.
* Communicate with Crew Chief during all maintenance procedures.
* Maintain an up-to-date OJT file.
* Assist with training of newly hired individuals, as necessary.
* Accomplish housekeeping and repair of hangar facility as required.
* Move and park aircraft as operations warrant.
* Move and position ground equipment as needed for the maintenance operation.
* Conduct all tasks in a safe and efficient manner complying with all local, state, and federal safety and health regulatory requirements, programmatic standards, and with any internal policies and procedures identified by Sun Country Airlines.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience Qualifications:
* High School diploma or equivalent
* Must have authorization to work in the United States and be able to travel to destinations served
* A&P License required
* 2 years line maintenance preferred
* 2 years 737NG jet experience preferred
* 737NG Familiarization Class preferred
* 2 years experience in aircraft structural repair preferred
* Valid US Passport preferred
* Acceptable driving record required
* Must be highly motivated and a self starter
* Excellent communication, organizational, problem solving skills
* Work effectively with minimal supervision under stressful situations
* Hours varied to accommodate maintenance schedule requirements including nights, weekends and holidays
* Conduct all tasks in a safe and efficient manner complying with all local, state and federal safety and health regulatory requirements, programmatic standards, and with any internal policies and procedures identified by Sun Country Airlines
* Qualified candidates must pass a criminal history background check as well as a pre-employment drug test