6 months ago
Civilian Aircraft Mechanic
Now Hiring Military Aviation Mechanics and Technicians!
* NO licenses are required.
* NO tools are required.
PlaneTechs is a leading aviation employer with job openings throughout the U.S. We offer military veterans excellent employment opportunities working contract jobs with commercial and military maintenance, repair and overhaul facilities for both fixed wing and rotor wing aircraft. It’s an exciting time to enter the civilian aviation workforce and our dedicated military recruiting team, with many of them veterans themselves, help you maximize your earnings in the location of your choice. This is a temporary to permanent position
Your role will be to:
* Inspect, test, repair, maintain, and service aircraft.
* Read and interpret aircraft maintenance manuals and specifications to determine feasibility and method of repairing or replacing malfunctioning or damaged components.
* Examine and inspect engine or other components for cracks, breaks, or leaks.
* Disassemble and inspect parts for wear, warping, or other defects.
* Assemble and install electrical, plumbing, mechanical, hydraulic, and structural components and accessories, using hand tools and power tools.
* Adjust, align, and calibrate aircraft systems, using hand tools, gauges, and test equipment.
* Test engine and system operations, using testing equipment, and listens to engine sounds to detect and diagnose malfunctions.
* Service and maintain aircraft systems by performing tasks, such as flushing crankcase, cleaning screens, greasing moving parts, and checking brakes.
* Other duties may be assigned.
* Recent military aviation experience required.
* Must be able to document maintenance performed on required forms.
* Knowledge of design techniques, principles, tools and instruments involved in the production and use of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
* High School Diploma or equivalent.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.