8 months ago
Compass Airlines is seeking an Aircraft Maintenance Technician to join our team at our Los Angeles, California location. We have an immediate opening for someone with exceptional business judgment and discretion as well as the initiative and competence to make a significant contribution to the Compass organization.
Under the general direction of the Maintenance Manager and direct supervision of the Maintenance Supervisor will provide technical assistance and labor for any and all problems associated with Aircraft repairs or servicing. Coordinate with Maintenance Control to insure a safe and efficient repair and return to service of aircraft. Exercise good judgment in working with people in a team environment as well as in aircraft maintenance and safety.
* High School Diploma or equivalent
* Valid FAA Airframe and Powerplant license
* Valid Driver’s license
* Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written and must be fluent in the English language.
* United States citizen or have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986.
* Have your own hand tools
* Basic mathematical competency
* Associates Degree
* Minimum two-year’s FAR 121 air carrier aircraft maintenance experience
* EMBRAER 170/175, 190 experience
* PC literate with strong skills in Microsoft Office Suite
* Valid passport with no travel restrictions
Required Physical Demands:
* Ability to lift, carry and move medium to heavy weights of 50 pounds or more.
* Good hand-eye coordination, arm, hand, and finger dexterity.
* There are prolonged periods during which individuals will be standing and working outdoors.
* Must be able to climb, bend, kneel, crawl and stoop frequently in confined spaces.
Job Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
* Have a background in regional or mainline aircraft maintenance.
* Experience should consist of:
* Formal and informal aircraft systems training
* Maintenance of aircraft and engine systems
* Dispatch requirements
* Use of specialized tools
* Ground support equipment
* Technical reports and forms
* Online Aircraft Maintenance Manuals, and Parts Catalogs
* Aircraft logbook procedures and computer based aircraft maintenance tracking systems
* Demonstrated strong organizational and time management skills - can work independently while still keeping a team perspective.
* Detail orientated with ability to multi-task on a regular basis.
* Must be a self-starter and be able to show a demonstrated ability to trouble shoot aircraft problems with little guidance.
* Ability to work with fellow coworkers with a variety of personalities.
* Must be flexible with respect to work schedule and willing to assist and support others within the company when needed.
* Work under the direction of the Maintenance Supervisor or Maintenance Control.
* Provide updates to Maintenance Control as to status of work being performed on aircraft assigned to their station.
* Maintain an orderly and organized shop area.
* Perform data entry and copying as needed.
* Commit to and attend training events both on and off the assigned work site and the Minneapolis Corporate site to continue to develop professional skills.
* Hours are varying shifts and weekends as needed.
* Other duties as assigned
* Work is performed in an open work environment (hangar) or outdoors at the airport terminal.
* Some travel, less than 10% maybe required
Job Description Disclaimer:
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
How to Apply:
If interested, please click “Apply” to be directed to our online application for this position. All submissions must include salary requirements.
Compass Airlines is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, religion, color, disabled or veteran status, national origin, gender, age, citizenship status or other protected class status covered by federal, state or local law.
All applicants must submit to a pre-employment drug screen and background check.