6 months ago
Dallas Aeronautical Services is currently hiring for the position of Aerospace Metal Bonder. Candidates will perform various bonding, repair, and overhaul functions in accordance with company, customer, and FAA requirements.
* Layup and cure in depth composite repairs using pre-preg layups and wet layups.
* Shapes, profiles, fits/replaces various honeycomb core materials.
* Repair of component parts/assemblies consisting of composite and metal construction.
* Performs assembly / disassembly of components.
* Perform Metal to metal bonding of components.
* Performs elevated cures, via oven/autoclave.
* Ability to identify damaged components by visual or tapping method.
* Ability to determine proper repair technique and materials required.
* Sand, trim, and fit repairs to parts.
* Ability to follow directions for repair sequences, and document complete all necessary forms.
* Must be able to use precision measuring tools (micrometers, calipers etc.)
* Maintains tools and equipment
* Observes safe working practices at all times, assists in maintaining a clean working environment.
Qualified applicants must have at least 2 years of experience in Aerospace Bond/Composite Repair, and Overhaul functions.
* Must meet the physical requirements and be certified to wear respirator.
* Must be able to lift 25lbs on a regular basis using proper lifting techniques
* Must be able to bend, stoop, stand and/or sit for extended periods
* Must be able to works with minimal supervision.
* Must have good communication skills both verbally and written.
* Must be a team player
* Excellent hand skills
* High attention to detail
Must be willing to work any shift
Candidate must successfully complete FAA drug screening test and have no violations of FAA agency regulations documented in the records of drug and alcohol testing carried out by previous employers during the previous two years. This position is a safety sensitive position covered under FAA, subject to ongoing random drug and alcohol screening program. This includes being tested for Marijuana, Cocaine, PCP, Opiates & Amphetamines, or a metabolite of these drugs.