12 months ago
Why choose Porter:
* Our Staff Travel program: after 3 months of continuous service, employees get access to staff travel perks on Porter (unlimited stand-by) and our Global interline partners after 6 months of service.
* Our Benefits: Profit Sharing, RRSP matching, Medical and Dental coverage are just a few of the perks that our team members enjoy after 3 months of service.
* Our Signing Bonus: Eligible Q400 endorsed M2, E, or S licenced AME’s will receive a $15,000 signing bonus and an updated wage scale for our Toronto base
FUNCTION: Reporting to the Manager, Line Maintenance
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Troubleshoot and repair aircraft avionics snags using published procedures and test equipment.
* Carry out installations and integration of various aircraft systems as required
* Troubleshoot and repair aircraft components in a Shop environment as required
* Assist and participate in maintenance tasks related to category M and other areas within the maintenance department.
* Dismantle airframes, overhaul and cleaning, and reassemble as required.
* Perform and document scheduled and unscheduled maintenance under the guidance of a Lead ACA, ACA or AME
* Actively participate in Porter’s Safety Management System (SMS) including, reporting hazards and incidents encountered in daily operations; understand, comply and promote the Company Safety Policy
* Concern for Safety - Identifying hazardous or potentially hazardous situations and taking appropriate action to maintain a safe environment for self and others.
* Teamwork - Working collaboratively with others to achieve organizational goals.
* Customer Service - Providing service excellence to internal and/or external customers (passengers).
* Initiative - Dealing with situations and issues proactively and persistently, seizing opportunities that arise.
* Results Focused - Focusing efforts on achieving high-quality results consistent with the organization’s standards.
* Fostering Communication - Listening and communicating openly, honestly, and respectfully with different audiences, promoting dialogue and building consensus.â€‹
* Completion of secondary school is required
* A college diploma in aircraft maintenance from a Transport Canada approved educational facility
* Must have obtained a Transport Canada AME Licence, E Category
* Experience with DeHavilland/Bombardier aircraft considered an asset
* Experience in line maintenance and have the ability to work in a high stress environment
* Possess a high attention to detail
* Ability to read and understand technical documents/wiring diagrams
* Able to work alone or as part of a Team Environment
* Ability to work shift work
* Ability to work outside in various environmental conditions
* Holder of a valid Restricted Radio Operator Certificate - Aeronautical
* Valid Ontario full “G” driver’s licence
* Holder of a valid Canadian Passport
* Ability to obtain necessary security clearances and successfully complete the company screening process
* Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport - YTZ