about 1 year ago
Why choose Porter:
* Our Staff Travel program: after 3 months of continuous service, employees get access to staff travel perks on Porter (unlimited stand-by) and our Global interline partners after 6 months of service.
* Our Benefits: Profit Sharing, RRSP matching, Medical and Dental coverage are just a few of the perks that our team members enjoy after 3 months of service.
* Our Signing Bonus: Eligible Q400 endorsed M2, E, or S licenced AME’s will receive a $15,000 signing bonus and an updated wage scale for our Toronto base
FUNCTION: Reporting to the Manager, Line Maintenance.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Carry out Structural repairs on airframe such as damage, corrosion or wear
* Carry out Structural repairs on aircraft components on the bench, such as leading edges
* Install or modify aircraft engines, mechanical, hydraulic, flight control, fuel and pneumatic systems
* Dismantle airframes, overhaul and cleaning, and reassemble as required
* Perform and document scheduled and unscheduled maintenance under the guidance of a Lead ACA, ACA or AME
* Actively participate in Porter’s Safety Management System (SMS) including, reporting hazards and incidents encountered in daily operations; understand, comply and promote the Company Safety Policy
* Assist in duties that may fall out of Structures scope as required
* Concern for Safety: Identifying hazardous or potentially hazardous situations and taking appropriate action to maintain a safe environment for self and others.
* Teamwork: Working collaboratively with others to achieve organizational goals.
* Passenger/Customer Service: Providing service excellence to internal and/or external customers (passengers).
* Initiative: Dealing with situations and issues proactively and persistently, seizing opportunities that arise.
* Results Focus: Focusing efforts on achieving high-quality results consistent with the organization’s standards.
* Fostering Communication: Listening and communicating openly, honestly, and respectfully with different audiences, promoting dialogue and building consensus.
* Completion of secondary school is required
* A college diploma in aircraft maintenance from a Transport Canada approved educational facility
* Must have obtained Transport Canada AME license, S category
* Valid Ontario full “G” driver’s license
* Ability to obtain a Canadian Passport
* Ability to obtain necessary security clearances and successfully complete the company screening process
* Candidates with experience on Bombardier/DeHavilland products preferred
* Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport - YTZ