10 months ago
Aircraft Interiors Design Engineer
CDG, a Boeing Company is a world-class strategic partner for engineering-driven organizations that develop, support, operate and maintain complex equipment. CDG serves a broad range of industry sectors, including commercial and VIP aviation, aerospace and defense, manufacturing and other industries.
You will be doing aircraft interior modifications. This position is responsible for resolving complex engineering problems associated with aircraft interior designs within various aircraft types and LOPA configurations. You will be a Subject Matter Expert for the global aircraft interiors design team for multiple customers and projects worldwide. Responsibilities include; Coordination with Regulatory Authorities for any necessary assistance and/or approvals, 3D design, modeling of components, generation of LOPA installations, production drawings, and specifications. Interface with other members of project engineering, program/product teams, management, and technical staff to define and implement engineering solutions. Position located in Long Beach, CA.
KEY AREA OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Lead Aircraft design modification team(s), assist with the generation of documented processes, metrics and interface with customers.
• Mentor, support and lead global team(s) in multiple time zones.
• Mentor and/or support in the design and analyze cabin interior components in support of aircraft interior modification projects.
• Mentor and/or support in Developing drawings (e.g. LOPA, installation drawings, production drawings, etc.), procedures and recommendations.
• Lead and/or support customer design reviews and presentations.
• Coordinate and monitor interior aspects of project schedule with team members and the customer. Current or previous FAA DER, ODA AR is very advantageous.
• Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Proficiency in 3D modeling skills.
• Ability to prioritize for maximum productivity for multiple projects
• Ability to travel for training and/or customer interface, sometimes at short notice.
Bachelor’s and 8-12 years’ experience. Product engineering encompassing components of the entire life cycle – concept to delivery. Engineering within Boeing Commercial Aircraft Group a plus
• Aircraft interior integration experience.
• Boeing experience with CATIA, ENOVIA, and/or PDM a plus.
• Experience working with Structures and aircraft Systems (ECS, water/waste) a plus.
• Knowledge of aircraft seating, interior components (e.g. Carpets, Curtains, Galleys, Lavs, Partitions, Monuments, Floor and Ceiling etc.) and décor materials.
• Understanding of IFE and other electrical integration requirements.
• Familiar with Boeing and Airbus documents (e.g. Frame Spec, Customer Spec, Colour Docs). Knowledge of FAA Part 25 Regulations.
• Possess project/design management skills and ability to multi-task.
• The candidate should already understand engineering drawing standards including geometric tolerancing and dimensioning.
CDG, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
US Person: Yes. Due to legal requirements associated with our work statements, you must be able to provide documentation indicating that you are a US Person.
We offer a competitive salary, great benefits, and a pleasant working environment.