6 months ago
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry. This role will support our Joint Venture (Avionica, LLC) based in Miami, Florida, and will be eligible to participate in the site's localized incentive plan. GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE
Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the
highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and
unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation
innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
The Aircraft Engineer will support developing and communicating
structural design, navigation, instrumentation or communications, and will participate in research and
development project execution. In the role of Aircraft Engineer, you will utilize your
experience and expertise to solve problems, develop and execute growth opportunities, and
examine issues in order to determine the cause of the failure and make design adjustments when
As Aircraft Engineer, you will:
* Develop and investigate new aircraft component architectures and concepts
* Interface with customers, partner companies, suppliers, and other senior leadership within the
* Participate in technical reviews across the business
* Support and coordinate with interfacing organizations
* Protect the Intellectual Property rights of the Company
* Support to bids and proposals
* Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering
* A minimum of 2 years of technical experience
* Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required.
* Strong understanding of aviation hardware/software
* Experience developing rapid prototypes
* Familiarity with design engineering processes
* Familiarity with model based development tools and processes to automate / streamline aircraft
* Familiarity with project management approaches
* Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Strong interpersonal skills
Locations: United States; Florida
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.