about 1 year ago
This hourly non-exempt position includes varying amounts of parts removal, replacement or repair, electrical troubleshooting, hydraulic and pneumatic system work, inspection of aircraft or systems and general mechanic applications. Job will require organization and planning of disassembly of aircraft purchased for the Avant Aerospace division. Parts will be required to be catalogued and prioritizing of disassembly so as to facilitate proper Inspections and tagging of parts by the QC group. All parts will be required to be logged into inventory after inspection and proper QC disposition. Job duties will vary each day and are designated by the Manager of Part Sales. Will be required to work independently and lead other technicians assigned to the disassembly of aircraft.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
* Perform general mechanical functions on aircraft and related systems. This shall include, but not be limited to items such as removal and installation of panels, components and sub-components, research parts in IPC, part identification, cleaning, plugging and storage, facilitate processing of parts through the QC group for proper inspection and tagging prior to placing into inventory.
* Inspection and evaluation of the aircraft and components when designated.
* Data entry of parts into inventory module requiring some computer skills
* Aircraft movement, assistance in performance runs and taxiing when required.
* Maintenance and repair of shop facility, equipment and tooling when required.
* Work independently and lead other technicians assigned to disassembly of aircraft.
* Any other job-related duties as assigned by supervisor or management.
High school diploma or equivalent.
Airframe and Powerplant License
Falcon Aircraft factory training preferred.
5 – 10 years prior experience on aircraft maintenance preferred.
Must have a minimum of 2 years job specific experience.