3 months ago
Carries out stripping and cleaning on aircraft, aircraft components and other parts in order to allow for inspection, repairs and other maintenance processes under minimum supervision.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
* Cleans aircraft interiors in support of anti-FOD programs
* Provides on-job-training to other members of the Cleaner/Stripper trade.
* Removes all debris accumulated by task (s) performed and maintains a clean safe work area.
* Participates in training for occupational trades progression to Aircraft Painter
* Performs other cleaning/stripping functions that require special techniques and care and assists other members of Aircraft Refinishing Trade Group in their tasks as directed
* The aircraft Cleaner/Stripper must demonstrate the ability to interpret work orders/manuals and simple blueprints with respect to cleaning/stripping procedures.
* The incumbent will be fully conversant with safety regulations concerning the use and disposal of hazardous materials.
* He/she will be required to work at heights in excess of ten (10) feet or three (3) metres.
* Entrants must have a minimum education level of junior matriculation and a drafting or blueprints reading course.Preference will be given to applicants who have received previous training in treatment/painting at a Vocational/Trades School or Military Establishment.
* To reach the top of the Aircraft Cleaner/Stripper classification, the employee must have completed two (2) years directly related training and experience as an Aircraft Cleaner/Stripper and completed all O.J.T. performance objectives satisfactorily.
* Demonstrate a personal commitment to IMP Occupational Health, Safety and Environment policies.Continually focusing on your individual safety and the safety of others who may be affected by your work and to fully comply with all Federal Health and Safety Legislation.
* Participate in Continuous Improvement, Lean & 8S activities in your area.
* Must be eligible to meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and Canadian Government Security Clearances.
Internal applicants please use source code: I am an IMP employee.
IMP is committed to Employment Equity and our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative at all job levels. We welcome applicants from Aboriginal People, Visible Minority Groups, Persons with Disabilities and Women in occupations of positions where they are under-represented. If you are a member of one of the equity groups, you are encouraged to self identify on either your cover letter or resume.