$65,000 - $69,999
- Work with advanced military aircraft.
- Variety, adventure and opportunities to travel.
- Excellent salary package plus numerous benefits.
As an Air Dispatcher you'll prepare, pack and rig supplies for air transport, while enjoying:
• a good salary plus generous superannuation
• ongoing investment in your personal and career development
• free medical and dental
• job security and a good work/life balance
• rewarding work and world-class training
• subsidised accommodation
• a supportive team environment
• travel and leave entitlements
• free access to sports and fitness facilities
• friendships that last a lifetime
All that plus exciting opportunities supporting Army domestic activities, including exercises and operations, with the potential to deploy overseas in support of Australian and coalition personnel.
Picture yourself standing on the ramp of a Royal Australian Air Force C-17A Globemaster heavy transport aircraft, preparing to launch a pallet of essential Army supplies into the void.
This demanding job revolves around the critical need to get the right equipment and stores to the correct place, safely and on time. Your role will involve packing, rigging, loading and unloading stores for all modes of air movement, and you'll also learn to dispatch cargo from aircraft by parachute.
As an Air Dispatcher, you’ll be trained to:
• use aerial delivery equipment
• load and unload military aircraft
• operate specialist vehicles and material handling equipment
• prepare and rig items for all modes of air movement including airdrop, airland and helicopter external lift
• manually dispatch small cargo loads from aircraft in flight
• operate and clear cargo drop zones, and
• conduct tasks at helicopter landing points and sites in preparation for helicopter operations.
You will also be trained in general soldiering duties such as manning defensive positions, patrolling, navigation, traffic control, and the camouflaging of vehicles and field equipment.
In this action-packed role your days will be filled with variety and adventure, and you'll see more of Australia and the world. Better still, in the Army you’ll be working for a dynamic organisation that offers a great lifestyle plus opportunities and experiences you simply won’t find anywhere else.
Do you believe you have what it takes to become an Air Dispatcher in the Army? Apply now below!
• Fully-paid training
• Once trained, starting package approx. $65,659 p.a. plus superannuation (salaries correct as at 01/08/2019)
• Numerous other benefits
• Training in Wagga Wagga, NSW
• Then posting to Holsworthy or Richmond, NSW, or Perth, WA
• At least 17 years of age
• Australian Citizen
• Year 10 completion with passes in English and Maths
• Provisional or full driver’s license
Medical and fitness guidelines also apply.