3 months ago
Agent, Airport Baggage Services (14 positions)
The Agent, Airport Baggage Services provide exemplary customer service and support to passengers with mishandled baggage. This includes passenger communication and interaction, meeting arriving flights, monitoring and ensuring the timely delivery of baggage, tracing of baggage, preparing baggage for delivery and forwarding, and liaising with Air Transat’s Central Baggage Team.
Availability to work shift work in a 24 hour/7 day operational role. Successful candidates must be available for a two-week training period.
The agent meets arriving flights, monitor baggage delivery times, and assists passengers with any baggage mishandling.
The agent enters missing, damaged and found bags into Worldtracer, and monitors the file for 7 days until its transfer to the Central Baggage team.
The agent liaises with and supports the passenger during this time, and communicates regularly with them on the status of their file, including ensuring passenger phone calls are answered and responded to. The agent communicates with the Central Baggage team and supports the down line stations/airports by ensuring fast, secure forwarding and delivery of baggage to passengers. The agent assists with the recovery of lost and found items left on board.
The agent supports the Supervisor, Baggage Services in the inbound and outbound baggage area when required, prepares various reports and statistics, and performs administrative tasks related to the main tasks.
* High school degree or equivalent;
* Experience with Worldtracer and baggage tracing (strong asset);
* Exceptional communication and customer service skills and experience;
* Experience or knowledge of the airline industry;
* Bilingual (French and English) written and spoken;
* Spanish an asset;
* Ability to lift up to 32 kgs, long-distance walking throughout the airport;
* Ability to work under pressure;
* Resourcefulness, initiative, diplomacy and good organizational skills;
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite Software.
Location : Montreal or Toronto
Type of Work : Permanent, full time
Job category : Ground services
Business segment : Air transportation
Business unit : Air Transat
Job # : TS-18-119
End date of posting : 2018-04-27