11 months ago
Aerospace Sales Engineer
About the Organization
Astronics Corporation (NASDAQ: ATRO) serves the world's aerospace, defense, and semiconductor industries with proven, innovative technology solutions. We work side-by-side with customers, integrating our array of power, connectivity, lighting, structure, interior, and test technologies to solve complex challenges. For 50 years, we've delivered creative, customer-focused solutions with exceptional responsiveness. Today global airframe manufacturers, airlines, military branches, completion centers, and Fortune 500 companies rely on the collaborative spirit and innovation of Astronics.
We offer our breadth of technology solutions and services through 11 subsidiary business units and numerous award-winning product brands. Serving our customers is our first priority, and every day we honor this mission with quality, partnership, and energetic global vision.
Aerospace Sales Engineer (PECO)
Astronics-PECO, located in Clackamas, Oregon, designs and manufactures highly engineered commercial aerospace interior components and systems for the aerospace industry. We specialize in Passenger Service Units (PSUs) which incorporate air handling, emergency oxygen, electrical power management and cabin lighting systems. We also manufacture a wide range of fuel tank access doors that meet stringent strength, fuel sealing and anti-corrosion requirements. To support our expansion, we are seeking an Aerospace Sales Engineer.
This customer-facing technical position is responsible for driving the sales proposal interface for new and existing customers. Responsible for assessing the potential application of Company products and services to offer solutions that meet or exceed our customers' expectations. A high level of business acumen, blended with engineering knowledge and experience, is imperative in this key growth-focused position.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
Includes the following duties and others as assigned.
* Compiles bid opportunities and responds to customer in timely manner.
* Leads customer initiative and issues across departments.
* Reviews contracts and negotiations with customers.
* Negotiates pricing with customers
* Creates and maintains business case summaries for executive leadership review.
* Develops and delivers professional sales presentations that focus on the benefits of PECO products and speaks directly to customer needs.
* Manages special projects as defined by Director of Business Management.
* Evaluates internal processes and identifies opportunities for improvements.
* Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
This position may require knowledge of SOX / 404 internal audit controls and related documentation and this position may be responsible for the performance of various functions that may be an integral part of the Company's overall SOX / 404 internal control structure.
No direct supervisory responsibilities initially, but position may evolve.
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND EXPERIENCES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
* Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent experience) in Business or Engineering field.
* Five years of related technical / industrial sales and account experience; experience selling manufacturing services preferred.
* Demonstrated ability to manage large and small accounts.
* Demonstrated ability to interpret and explain technical drawings and data.
* Demonstrated ability to create and effectively present sales proposals.
* Strong computer skills with proficiency in all MS Office applications.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills across all levels of the business.
* Experience in manufacturing processes desired.
* Experience in project management desired.
PECO-Astronics is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.