10 months ago
B/E Aerospace, a wholly owned subsidiary of Rockwell Collins Inc., is a leading manufacturer of aircraft interior products and solutions.
The Integration Engineering division of Rockwell Collins is a world leading aircraft interiors integrator offering airlines and OEM’s Engineering Services, Standard and Bespoke Monuments Designs & Manufacturing, and Certification Services through FAA-ODA designation.
As a leader in the aerospace industry, we are growing rapidly and have a number of exciting positions available right now, including an Aerospace Cost Estimator in our Integration Engineering business located in Everett, WA.
Reporting to the Operations Business Manager and partnered with the Sales and Marketing Department, this job requires extensive knowledge of cost estimating process. This position provides accurate and timely financial estimates to Customers based on RFPs (Request for Proposals), engineering drawings and high-level engineering statement of work. This position also leads cost reduction projects and favors Industrial Engineering experience as it utilizes many of the I.E. methodologies by working with engineering to identify ways to reduce the cost of our products. Experience in working in a manufacturing environment focused on commercial aircraft interior products such as closets, partitions, lavatories, stowbins and galleys is highly valued.
* Provides comprehensive, detailed cost estimates (material cost, manufacturing labor hours, operations non-recurring costs/tooling costs and all related assumptions) for commercial aircraft interiors. This position will require special emphasis on bidding interior monument programs such as closets, lavatories, partitions, stowage’s and other interior products.
* Assist in generating Customer proposals by interpreting RFPs, generating product features, working with engineering to create product renderings and defining detailed levels of product offerings. This position requires the ability to develop assumptions to help define work scope when RFPs are limited in detailed information.
* Analyze aircraft LOPAs to identify areas where monuments are generally placed, identify dimensions and other features related to the various product relationships within the aircraft cabin.
* Researches, analyzes and interprets historical data to support estimates and cost models.
* Participates in the development and refinement of pricing models.
* Works closely with engineering to define and interpret statement of work and associated impacts to the operations department.
* Works closely with manufacturing to understand manufacturing processes, material usages and labor requirements.
* Researches detailed bill of materials to understand major cost drivers and analyze ways to reduce BOM costs.
* Develops and maintains estimating tools, databases and cost estimating models.
* Assists cross-functional teams to track performance of cost estimates in order to refine future cost estimating relationships/models.
* Serves as a consultant to upper management by presenting results of cost estimates and making recommendations for marketing proposals.
* Assists engineering and operations by recommending design for cost methodologies and ease of manufacturability.
* Assures timeliness, accuracy, and completeness of bids, prior to submittal.
* This position does not require estimating engineering labor hours. It is focused on the cost of product only.
* Performs other related duties as required.
* Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) or engineering degree such as Industrial Engineer from a four-year College or University; and a minimum of three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Cost estimating experience in a Manufacturing environment.
* Ability to read technical models and drawings and identify material call outs.
* Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and other relevant computer skills: Ability to work with excel spreadsheets, interact with database and use reporting functions.
* Experience in working in a manufacturing environment focused on commercial aircraft interior monuments such as closets, partitions, lavatories and galleys.
* Industrial Engineering experience is a plus as it can help with product cost reduction initiatives.
* Knowledge of Bill of Material (BOM) structure and ERP systems.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.