6 months ago
A challenging mandate!
L3 MAS, headquartered in Mirabel (QC), is a part of L3 Technologies.
L3 MAS, through its passionate and creative workforce, provides integrated aeronautics solutions in the fields of design, manufacturing, fleet management, and in-service support.
More specifically, L3 MAS is providing In-Service Support (ISS) for the CC-150 Polaris fleet in Trenton. The CC-150 Polaris fleet is primarily used for VIP transportation and strategic air-to-air refueling, as well as passenger, freight and medical evacuation transportation.
Working from Trenton and reporting directly to the Senior HR Director located at the Head Office in Mirabel (Quebec), you will act as a trusted advisor to employees and local management with all aspects of Human Resources including Labour and Employee Relations (70%), Talent Acquisition, Training and WSIB Management.
• Respond to day-to-day HR employee inquires and requests;
• Advises management in appropriate resolution of employee relations issues;
• Interprets and administers collective bargaining agreement ;
• Handles grievance procedures in a timely and effective manner to ensure speedy resolution of employee problems or concerns;
• Coordinates employee training and tracks completion;
• Recruits, interviews, tests, and selects employees to fill vacant positions;
• Transactions such as hires, promotions, transfers, terminations and employee statistics for government reporting ;
• Participate in the Labor Relations Committee;
• Participate in the Health and Safety Committee;
• WSIB Management and workplace accommodations.
* University Degree (Industrial Relations other related program)
• CHRP Designation preferred
• 5-7 years solid HR/Labour Relations experience in a unionized environment
• Experience in a manufacturing/aircraft maintenance environment is an asset
• In depth knowledge of the Canada’s Labour Code, Human Rights Act and Employment Equity Act
• Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines in a face paced environment
• Strong communications, interpersonal and coaching skills
• Proven problem identification and problem solving skills
• Excellent organizational and record keeping skills
• Strong Computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel)
• Knowledge of HR Systems (HR Expert, Successfactors) is an asset
* Bilingualism (French-English) would be considered an asset.
• Permanent position
• Occasional travels to Mirabel (QC)
Operational requirements :
* Must be eligible for registration to the Controlled Goods Program;
* Must be eligible to obtaining and maintaining the government of Canada’s “Reliability” status and Level 2 (Secret) security clearance;
* Location not accessible via public transportation, car required.
At L3 MAS, we care about the principles of employment equity and we encourage Women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and visible minorities that qualify to apply.
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
CAN Security Clearance Required: NATO Secret
: Day - 1st
: Yes, 10 % of the Time
: Division L-3 MAS